CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
I doesn't matter which version of Gingerbread I install on my MID7024 the screen orientation randomly changes no matter how the tablet is positioned. I just have it setting on my desk, landscape with the soft keys on the right and it just keeps changing. Does anyone else have this issue and can it be corrected.

It also keeps lighting all the soft keys locking them up and starting the browser. The only way to correct this is to restart the tablet. It does this even after restart without me touching any soft keys.

if it help I have flash steev rom 1.0 and I do not have this problem with my mid7024.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
I doesn't matter which version of Gingerbread I install on my MID7024 the screen orientation randomly changes no matter how the tablet is positioned. I just have it setting on my desk, landscape with the soft keys on the right and it just keeps changing. Does anyone else have this issue and can it be corrected.

It also keeps lighting all the soft keys locking them up and starting the browser. The only way to correct this is to restart the tablet. It does this even after restart without me touching any soft keys.

sounds to me like a defective sensor. have you tried turning off the auto rotation?

rain

May 5, 2011

because you have "double" or more troubles, treat it as a "bad" flash and re-flash. . if you have ther stock fw, flash back to it first ! . . . and let us know...

drs330

Dec 15, 2011
I have tried several flashes and turned off auto rotation, doesn't help. I don't have the same rotation issue with the stock firmware. With the soft keys locking up and constantly going to the browsers when I don't select the browser it does that with the original firmware and the new firmware on Coby's sight which is why I was looking into updating the firmware.

rain

May 5, 2011
hmm, maybe a speed issue ? . please tell us more about the hardware. . maybe it is a cpu clock ? . ( new version circuit board ) what do you "clock at" as a default ?

drs330

Dec 15, 2011
Coby Kyros MID7024 4G, CPU is a Cortex A8 1 GHz, RAM is 512 MB DDRII. I do not have any benchmarks.

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
Lfom, Steev, you both rock. Another successful update. Keeps getting better. Thank you both for your hard work.

Sent from my Steev Alldro2 v1.1 SP-1 MID7024

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Hey Steev

I installed Google sky maps but the sensor is outta control, the screen moves as if I were shaking the tablet like crazy, do you know why?

Sent from my Kyros 7024 using Alldro2 Gingerbread ROM 1.1 SP1 by Steev

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
I have tried several flashes and turned off auto rotation, doesn't help. I don't have the same rotation issue with the stock firmware. With the soft keys locking up and constantly going to the browsers when I don't select the browser it does that with the original firmware and the new firmware on Coby's sight which is why I was looking into updating the firmware.

Dude, its probably a defective accelerometer, it's first time that we hear about this (at least al that have posted 'till now). The issue is present since you bought the tablet? If it is it has to be a hardware problem. Steev any ideas? LFOM?

By the way, does anyone know if the 7024 models has diferent motherboards like the 1024 series? may be that's the problem. Any way to find out?

Last edited:

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
hmm, maybe a speed issue ? . please tell us more about the hardware. . maybe it is a cpu clock ? . ( new version circuit board ) what do you "clock at" as a default ?

Dude im overclocking since 0.3 v and never had this issue :/... its very weird though :rolleyes:

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Hi Steev for the honeycomb rom are you going to start a new post or keep this one, to let us know about the progress. thanks

vmathews3

Nov 30, 2011
Can someone please tell me what in the world you are doing to your tablets with all this information? What is a ROM? I have a Kyros 7024 but I have no idea what all of this is suppose to do? Thanks. Ginny

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Can someone please tell me what in the world you are doing to your tablets with all this information? What is a ROM? I have a Kyros 7024 but I have no idea what all of this is suppose to do? Thanks. Ginny
There are some threads, and of course, you can use google, its your friend! :D a answer to that its too long to be posted :p