CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
LONG LIVE THE COBYSCRIPT-LORD! hahaha hope we can see that work finished ver, very soon mate :D if i get the permisions would you use a new boot animation? its a cool one, i asure ya, its already in my iconia, but i wanna see it in my kyros :D

EDIT: K, its HARDER to turn off than turning on my tablet. hooooly crap. Does anyone know a way to turn it off with a apk, script or something? thnx :D

Last edited:

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
LONG LIVE THE COBYSCRIPT-LORD! hahaha hope we can see that work finished ver, very soon mate :D if i get the permisions would you use a new boot animation? its a cool one, i asure ya, its already in my iconia, but i wanna see it in my kyros :D

EDIT: K, its HARDER to turn off than turning on my tablet. hooooly crap. Does anyone know a way to turn it off with a apk, script or something? thnx :D

dude can you share that boot animation?

regarding the turning off app, i think there are some apps on the market that let you do that, for example i remember i downloaded months ago an application for rebooting the system and it has the shutdown option too i just can't remember the name of it.

brunnomaceno

Oct 14, 2011
steev i just saw the honeycomb topic on slatedroid, so you think this time we gonna have 3.0 ou our coby's?
i am downloading the alpha from the topic, alpha 2. It will install on my 7024?

rain

May 5, 2011
steev i just saw the honeycomb topic on slatedroid, so you think this time we gonna have 3.0 ou our coby's?
i am downloading the alpha from the topic, alpha 2. It will install on my 7024?
i am very sure, if you download it from the 'herotab' site forum, it has the internals set to "that" specific hardware. so do not install ! ! ! . @steev ( or one of the other 'heavy lifting' devs ) in this forum will have to make changes for it to be okay on the coby . . .

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
rain is correct.

But you can safely install it with my Extsd installer
That's the recommended way to install it for now.

We're making progress, but there's still a lot of work to be done. It's still too early for me to tell if we'll ever have a fully working HC

For SP-1 for 1.1, can we just copy over the SP-1 upgrade.img file and replace the one which comes with the 1.1 ROM update files? I plan on doing a fresh-update anyway. Thanks..
No, you must install 1.1 first, then install the SP1

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011

I've seen some apks on Market. ROM Toolbox has this option and it works fine here.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
if i get the permisions would you use a new boot animation? its a cool one, i asure ya, its already in my iconia, but i wanna see it in my kyros :D

Sure what is it?

In addition to what lfom said, you can also type these command in a terminal emulator to shutdown
Code:
su
reboot

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
No, you must install 1.1 first, then install the SP1

So the steps would be, newly formatted SD card copy over 1.1, do the ROM update, reboot, shutdown, reformat SD card, copy over SP-1 then do the update once again?

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
dude can you share that boot animation?

regarding the turning off app, i think there are some apps on the market that let you do that, for example i remember i downloaded months ago an application for rebooting the system and it has the shutdown option too i just can't remember the name of it.

I trully needed a app, just letting my tablet slowly die when i wanna turn it off is awful, it was all day in wake up cuz i wanted to kill the bat xD.

Gonna ask if we can use it and will pm it to steev, so we can see it in the next steevMOD xD

See ya!

Thnx Steev, and lfom too xD.

EDIT: Successfully installed the SteevMOD SP1. working very good, as always xD

Last edited:

nicksoures

Nov 11, 2011
if you are looking for an app that shuts off your tablet check out " quick boot/ reboot " it's free in the market. it can power off, reboot, boot into recovery and fast boot. however i think the power off is the only one that will work on our tabs.

drs330

Dec 15, 2011
I doesn't matter which version of Gingerbread I install on my MID7024 the screen orientation randomly changes no matter how the tablet is positioned. I just have it setting on my desk, landscape with the soft keys on the right and it just keeps changing. Does anyone else have this issue and can it be corrected.

It also keeps lighting all the soft keys locking them up and starting the browser. The only way to correct this is to restart the tablet. It does this even after restart without me touching any soft keys.

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
On the home screen (desktop), press the menu button select launcher settings, system preferences and tap over home orientation, there you can select whether you want a landscape or portrait fixed mode so the sensor won't **** up again.

This is assuming you are using Steev's Alldro2 ROM.

Last edited: