[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

Nlimongi

Nov 28, 2011
I found this topic/board from google and this rom worked like a charm the first time on my MID 1024 (using SOL1.2)!

To the OP, and everyone involved in the making and tweaking of this guide and rom, thank you for all your hard work. I am 1000x happier with my tablet now, it should have performed this well straight out of the box!

Keep up the good work, it is not unappreciated.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Even with just three revisions, this ROM seems to be the best performing one I have used on my Tablet. Cannot wait till HC or ICS if they become possible.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Just a tip

I pulled the files /system/framework/(framework-res.apk,framework.jar,android.policy.jar) from symbean's ROM to get a nice Honeycomb-style lockscreen. No issues so far. Much nicer than the aigo lockscreen

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
ieUOcvPgGNAXN.png

shot_000003 - Minus.com

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Just a tip

I pulled the files /system/framework/(framework-res.apk,framework.jar,android.policy.jar) from symbean's ROM to get a nice Honeycomb-style lockscreen. No issues so far. Much nicer than the aigo lockscreen

Thanks. Have you tested the Launcher also? So far, I have added Zeam (the same used in Tsunami) and I like the result, since it can show 8x8 workspace and seem to have a very small footprint also.

Now a tip for you: [Script][CWM] Increase Read Cache for better SD Card access - xda-developers
I have used the init.rc mod (added in the beginning of the file, where there are other 'writes') with 512 and it seems to decrease boot time a little.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Well that looks nice and clean.....

I wonder if you can flash updates like mods and themes thru the standard recovery or will this break the Nand? for instance, I create a theme via UOT kitchen with lots of option changes that is just put on the card and flashed the same way as done with Clockwork mod?

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Thanks. Have you tested the Launcher also? So far, I have added Zeam (the same used in Tsunami) and I like the result, since it can show 8x8 workspace and seem to have a very small footprint also.

Now a tip for you: [Script][CWM] Increase Read Cache for better SD Card access - xda-developers
I have used the init.rc mod (added in the beginning of the file, where there are other 'writes') with 512 and it seems to decrease boot time a little.

Haven't tried the launcher yet.

Earlier I was using the Zeam launcher on Alldro2 and noticed that my touchscreen wasn't staying calibrated (Same problem I had in TsunamiMod). So now I'm back to the stock launcher just to check if Zeam was the cause.

Thanks for the tweak I'll try it out.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Well that looks nice and clean.....

I wonder if you can flash updates like mods and themes thru the standard recovery or will this break the Nand? for instance, I create a theme via UOT kitchen with lots of option changes that is just put on the card and flashed the same way as done with Clockwork mod?

Can't promise a full CWM replacement but a UOT theme flasher I can probably do.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Haven't tried the launcher yet.

Earlier I was using the Zeam launcher on Alldro2 and noticed that my touchscreen wasn't staying calibrated (Same problem I had in TsunamiMod). So now I'm back to the stock launcher just to check if Zeam was the cause.

Thanks. Probably because MID1024 has a capacitive touchscreen, it works fine here.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Steev, that would be cool. I was considering getting into making themes and such for these devices and most involbe the settingsui.apk and the framework.apk's. my main concern was how to flash them. I know when I tinker with them now I just replaced those files and such with what I have done from UOT and then flash the entire ROM from scratch. the ability to flash the zip I get from them would be pretty sweet and it just overlay the work that LFOM has done on them.

not really sure how many would use or want the themes but could be fun.

On another note, LFOM, why have the HC themed buttons in teh status bar when the device has its own. do you turn the hard keys off in place of the softkeys in the status bar? just curious.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
On another note, LFOM, why have the HC themed buttons in teh status bar when the device has its own. do you turn the hard keys off in place of the softkeys in the status bar? just curious.

Nope, they still work. It is the base system in the previous versions with HC theme, I have just replaced the buggy launcher with one that seems to work fine. Probably V1.3 will have HC theme as default again.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Gotcha. I may test out that since the last few were buggy to me with the apps lineing up correctly. what launcher are you using? I have loved teh Nemus and even use it on my Phone now.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Nemus is the best compromise between features and performance IMO. But I used Zeam Launcher (the version included in Tsunami mod): it's already set to a 8x8 workplace and you can edit the docked apps, besides it seems to use very low memory.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
WOW!! This is the best HC launcher e-v-e-r! Fully functional. Finally, I think we can have an almost perfect HC theme now! Thanks so much, steev!

I will have to talk to Symbeam first to ask to include his system files, let's hope he agrees!!! Have you ever contact him, steev?