[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

Shing93

Nov 30, 2011
@shing: but you wrote you saw this for phones, right? Where?
My Motorola Atrix and every other android phone I have ever used that has the "touch" buttons already comes with it. For example when I play shadowgun on my atrix and I quickly touch the the home button, it takes me to the home screen, but if my palm stays on the home button it understands that I'm just holding the device not trying to push any buttons. But the kyros tablet doesn't do this every time I play a Earth and Legend or any other game and I hold the device in landscape my hands must be on either side of the device and when my palm touches the buttons regardless of whether I quickly push them on purpose or if my hand is on them for extend periods of time it instantly closes the game. So I don't know if this is a software issue or just how the buttons are made.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I see, it seems to be a combined hardware/software solution. So I am afraid it's not possible with our Kyros. :(

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Two things so farbattery life when in standby is not as good as previous version. Also wifi was not getting as much range either. Did u tinker with that at all?

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

Last edited:

BDS250

Oct 13, 2011
V1.3 (Mr.Big) released! See first page.

Enjoy. ;)

This rocks. Looks great, almost indistinguishable from my Thrive at work. Great job on this rom.

Thanks for all the work you put into it.

Sent from my Coby Kyros using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@Pickupman66: I don't remember changing anything related to battery, did you change your WiFi sleep policy by any chances? Wait until you fully charge and discharge at least once, it should calibrate itself. And I didn't understand the other part, "widow was not getting as much range"? If it's WiFi, it's normal here too.

@BDS: you're welcome. :)

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Fixed it (darn autocorrect) and yes the Wifi range didnt seem as well. not really sure but rebooting did seem to help a bit. still gonna play with it a bit.

emvbase

Jan 24, 2011
@lfom any plans to a Honeycomb or ICS port for our Kyros? It's possible to run any of them with our tech specs or this is just a dream (like R.E.M song)?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
steev said the HC is probably compatible with Gingerbread drivers, so as soon as there's a version for smdkv210 board (Samsung S5PV210 processor) I will start working on it. ICS is more complicated, because new drivers for the digitizer will be needed (that's why CFW Gingerbread for 1024 took longer than for 7024/8024). But, who know? Maybe urbetter will surprise us. ;)

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
OK. so I went on a hunt. we quoted some tablets for a project a while back from a company called Masonda Technology. they offered several tablets with that processor (specifically 7" capacitive units with Coretex A8). so I shot an email and went fishing... we will see. they Had Android 3.2 for the Nvidia Tegra 2 chipsets

Last edited:

arro_doid7

Dec 6, 2011
@lfom your firmware is awesome especially the CFW 1.3 wow. it makes my 1024 like a true xoom.
keep up...maybe one of this day you will developing a real honeycomb firmware for 1024.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Thanks. Either this or full ICS if urbetter helps. ;)

diotto

Sep 28, 2011
Hi, i downloaded GingerLF v1.3 and extracted to sdcard but my Kyros keeps saying "Can not find any update image".
I't worked perfecly with the older versions of GingerLF, and also with the Coby Stock firmware.

Facts:
- I am extracting files correcly to root of sdcard
- Files are not corrupt (i downloaded it 2 times and the zip extracted perfectly)

I already tried:
- Format SDCARD with FAT32 again
- Create a 2GB partition to test (i'm using a 16GB microsdhc card)

Now i'll try to flash my Kyros with Stock firmware just for testing purposes.
Maybe a problem on sdcard ? (but the card is ok on computer, and also when i use it on the tablet)

Thanks

UPDATE: I tried to flash Coby Original Firmware and got the same problem!!! I'll look for another sdcard to make a test. Any ideas?

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
u-boot is incompatible with some sdcards.

Maybe we can work around this by updating using the recovery method (upgrade.img)?
Then the SD will be mounted in Linux instead of u-boot, so we shouldn't have this problem.

Should be safer too since the bootloader is not replaced.

Last edited: