[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Today I tes bluetouth GPS reciever and it work fine :p before it work your mast instal bleuetout gps from market.
Usb hub work i test 3 device in one moment: bluetouth, flsh drive 16 gb, 3g modem.
Skypy video is working.
But 3g modem i cant disable internal CDrom or USB on it, from for it he doesn't want to work.
"Added auto use of external microSD as sdcard partition (thanks to flxrms!)" - how to sfith it back ?

Some 3G modem have virtual CDROM and some have microsd card reader but you can turn it off using this instructions...i kinda forgot where i got this :p... this works for Huawei modems

1) Connect the modem to a PC running Windows and make sure it works.
2) Disconnect your computer from the network and the Internet and run Hyper Terminal.
Hyper Terminal program found under Start> Programs> Accessories> Communications> Hyper Terminal - in running Windows XP, and for Windows7 it to load.
3) In the "Connection Description" write any name, say "Huawei", and press ENTER. We are waiting for the appearance of the window "Connect". In his latest column "Connect using" to select "HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Modem" and click OK.
Next after that a window with a phone number and other parameters need to just close by pressing the "Cancel".
4) Now on the toolbar of the program, press the last button "Properties":
And that opens the Properties window: the modem "select the tab" Options:
Click "Options ASCII":
Put a tick in the second top box "Show input characters on the screen."
Click OK. The top window is closed. Click OK. The last window closes, and the main window, flashing cursor.
5) Turn on CAPS LOCK and print command AT. Press ENTER. Comes the answer: OK. Means connected to the modem is installed. Introduce one of the following:
AT ^ U2DIAG = 0 (device-only modem)
AT ^ U2DIAG = 1 (the device as a modem + CD-ROM)
AT ^ U2DIAG = 255 (the device as a modem + CD-ROM + Card Reader)
AT ^ U2DIAG = 256 (the device as a modem + Card Reader).
For successful operation the modem into a tablet to take command AT ^ U2DIAG = 0, and put it to "just a modem." Typing, press ENTER, and in return see OK.
Close the window Hyper Terminal, answering "Yes" to the proposal to interrupt a session and refusing to stay connected.
6) Make sure that emulation CD-ROM is disabled. To do this, disconnect the modem from the USB port and then connected in the same port. In "My Computer" should not appear "new" CD-ROM - only those that actually are.
If they need to return the modem to its original state, you must repeat the entire procedure, but with the team AT ^ U2DIAG = 255 (the device as a modem + CD-ROM + Card Reader).

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Anyone else used a Voice Assistant or microphone enabled app with this ROM yet (any app that uses Google Voice Search)? I don't know if it's just this ROM or a hardware flaw but I'm getting an audible crackle through the speaker whenever the microphone widget opens and closes.
By

By any chances you have Viber installed? It happens here when it's running in the background. Closing Viber cures it.

korbank

Oct 22, 2011
About modem all my modem lock to the operator so i cant disable cdrom on it but after reinstal system + 3g patch al work.I use gogle voice and skype and dont hawe microfon trouble.

korbank

Oct 22, 2011
In this rom CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread (UPDATED 10/24/11) add overclocking - Overclocked CPU (1149.37 MHz).
It is posible to do on MID1024 ?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
In this rom CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread (UPDATED 10/24/11) add overclocking - Overclocked CPU (1149.37 MHz).
It is posible to do on MID1024 ?

This ROM is for MID1024, and it's also based in the ROM for AllDro2 but it uses the same u-boot found in the original Froyo firmware released by the manufacturer. So far, any other u-boot that was tried with MID1024 bricked the tablet, so the chance to see a overclocked version for it is small...

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
It can brick your tablet! But there might be a way but i cant test it since i only have a 7024.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It can brick your tablet! But there might be a way but i cant test it since i only have a 7024.

Do you know what to change in the stock u-boot to overclock? Anyway, these tablets and Android itself is so unstable that I think it's not a good idea to try overclocking anyway...

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Lfom, did you ever find why the digitizer was off a bit in the HC themeing? Hows the speed and such on your current version? I am still quite pleased with the original version brave one. What's next?

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

Last edited:

ethraza

Oct 21, 2011
I'm using the 1.1 now for about 1 week and that is been very pleasant. The GB makes my Mid1024 looks like a real tablet. ;)
The only problem I'm facing is that about 60% of the dowloads I do, just fail. It can be a download in the browser or cam be a download in the market. I need to redownload too often the things.

Some one experiencing the same problem?

Btw, how do I do to change default download folder back to /sdcard/download?
I'm suspecting of my external card.

Thanks.

korbank

Oct 22, 2011
I compare uboot files oveclock and stock they are totali diferent, on mid1024 uboot is smaller.Also i opened device and replace internal sd 4gb 4clas - sd 8gb 10 class now boot and other operate faster an i hawe 6gb internal memory.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@Pickupman66 I think the problem is the patched Launcher used in the HC theme. I am using Nemus as launcher, mostly because I want more icons/space in the workspace secreen (and its folders are great). Version v1.1 is basically a safer version (build.prop vanilla, some patches disabled) and HC theme as default. Besides that, a few hidden settings were enabled, nothing big. If you happy in V1.0 and you don't miss anything, there isn't much reason to upgrade I'd say...

@ethraza You can change the download folder in stock browser settings, I think... I never had problems downloading from Market, but some files failed while using the stock browser. I then used Opera Mobile and I was able to download the file.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Gotcha... I appreciate the insight. always looking to tweak and improve.. that nemus launcher does look nice and slick. I may hunt around for some other launchers to test out.

I do like the Nemus.. Go launcher worked well but the appdrawer was terrible. ADWlauncher was the opposite.

Last edited:

korbank

Oct 22, 2011
I am try flash overclocked uboot after this device not boot - on the display only artifact. After this i flash gingerlf an device svitch off then i turn it on al is OK!
Overclocked uboot maybe not compatible to my display only.....