[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Yes, there is no oc version of u-boot for 1024 so far. If I understand how the overclocking is done I can try to modify the original u-boot for MID1024.

korbank

Oct 22, 2011
OK ! Thank your !
I moding my 1024 hardware - add 4 port usb hub inside + bluetooth + 3g modem (custom antena) + 1 port to external mini usb an lat one ithink use gps reciver.

mccawley2000

Jun 1, 2011
OK ! Thank your !
I moding my 1024 hardware - add 4 port usb hub inside + bluetooth + 3g modem (custom antena) + 1 port to external mini usb an lat one ithink use gps reciver.

You are really going to have to post pictures. I for one, cant wait to see that. good luck.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
OK ! Thank your !

That is cool

Sent from my typewriter.

korbank

Oct 22, 2011
$4785b2379d24.jpg$5239791a7bc7.jpg$e7c7374eb21c.jpg$bbf0f348a356.jpg$1dda3d4fd664.jpg
This is testing development variant.
Today test in city i anderstud that antena is not enough to god work.
Any body know beter solution - internal antena 1900 - 2100 Mhz ?

mccawley2000

Jun 1, 2011
View attachment 4429View attachment 4430View attachment 4431View attachment 4432View attachment 4433

Korbank, that is proving to be very interesting! I hope you document the type of hardware ( make and manufacture) and the installation points on the board. I would love to add the bluetooth and 3g hardware internally to the tablet. Good Job.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011

Very interesting. Please start a new thread with more info about the parts and instructions. I am sure many users (not only MID1024 users) will like it. ;)

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
So My Market updated this week sometime. Didnt notice it until last night when I saw the new bag icon. now running version 3.3.1. So far it seems to be working flawlessly and I didnt have any issues finding some apps for my kid to play with.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
So My Market updated this week sometime. Didnt notice it until last night when I saw the new bag icon. now running version 3.3.1. So far it seems to be working flawlessly and I didnt have any issues finding some apps for my kid to play with.

Yes, it seems that versions 3.x auto-update themselves... What LCD resolution and fingerprint are you using? Can you download from Market's website?

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
running the res at 160 as I like the space it gives me much better. I swapped to 200 and just didnt like it so I went back. (then again, I run the res on my 21" monitor at work at 1920x1080.) I am using the galaxy tab fingerprint I believe but its been a few weeks since I last flashed it. and yes, there is NO marketupdater apk installed. now I may have updated it when I updated several other apps and just didnt look hard enough. btw, it is 3.3.11 version. I just looked in TB.

lastly, No, the device does not show up in the market website. Only my Samsung Captivate does. i dont ever remember it showing up.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
running the res at 160 as I like the space it gives me much better. I swapped to 200 and just didnt like it so I went back. (then again, I run the res on my 21" monitor at work at 1920x1080.) I am using the galaxy tab fingerprint I believe but its been a few weeks since I last flashed it. and yes, there is NO marketupdater apk installed. now I may have updated it when I updated several other apps and just didnt look hard enough. btw, it is 3.3.11 version. I just looked in TB.

lastly, No, the device does not show up in the market website. Only my Samsung Captivate does. i dont ever remember it showing up.

Thanks for the info! I got mine showing up in Market website once, but I can't find a way to make it work again... This things is killing me... :(

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
the not showing in the market is no biggie to me. when I am on my tablet, my computer is in my bag and vise versa. the only way I use both is when I am flashing software or downloading something to it. Im looking forward to the next release though.... maybe HC theme will work better for me this time lining up with the digitizer.

on a side note. got me another toy. I picked up an HP touchpad for the Wife $100 USD. waiting for Cyanogenmod to get a GB port for it. they have it in Alpha2 so far, but not stable enough for me to give to the wife.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
the not showing in the market is no biggie to me. when I am on my tablet, my computer is in my bag and vise versa. the only way I use both is when I am flashing software or downloading something to it. Im looking forward to the next release though.... maybe HC theme will work better for me this time lining up with the digitizer.

on a side note. got me another toy. I picked up an HP touchpad for the Wife $100 USD. waiting for Cyanogenmod to get a GB port for it. they have it in Alpha2 so far, but not stable enough for me to give to the wife.

:O where did you find the hp touchpad...i though its sold out already...

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
My buddy somehow got two of them direct from HP. He only ordered 1. But somehow two orders processed. But the wife has laid claim on it. Looks like a black ipad to me...

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

ethraza

Oct 21, 2011
Hey everyone.

Today I got a hdmi cable and come back home happy to plug my Mid1024 GBv1.1 to my LCD.
When I plug the cable, the touch stop working and that is it. Nothing changes and my Philips 32" dont even notice that something was pluged on it.
When I remove the cable, the touch come back to life.
Tryed 1080p, 720p and the others related options, but all give me the same.

When I boot up the tablet with the cable pluged in, the boot freezes, removing the cable the boot continues but the system show up in "safe mode" (1st time I see that on Android).

Any tips on that?

Last edited: