[CFW] GingerLF - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hey everyone.

Today I got a hdmi cable and come back home happy to plug my Mid1024 GBv1.1 to my LCD.
When I plug the cable, the touch stop working and that is it. Nothing changes and my Philips 32" dont even notice that something was pluged on it.
When I remove the cable, the touch come back to life.
Tryed 1080p, 720p and the others related options, but all give me the same.

When I boot up the tablet with the cable pluged in, the boot freezes, removing the cable the boot continues but the system show up in "safe mode" (1st time I see that on Android).

Any tips on that?

Hmmm, doesn't sound right. I got reports that V1.1 works fine with HDMI. Did you test the cable/connector with another device? Does it support HDCP 1.2 or 1.3? Did you enable HDMI on TV prior to connect the cable on Kyros?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@lfom

i've read some good info about new 1024_n being sold here in manila with Gingerbread installed already... ill try to ask for a copy of their UTMODULES.

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
@flxrms

Will share the modules once I get home. and also for the benefit of people in this forum, the build number of my Kyros 1024_n is:

MID serial 2.3
Gingerbread20110916.085752

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7
MIDSerials: #28WED SEP 21 09:12:03 EDT 2011

is this what you are looking for? sorry noob on Android here. I do own an HTC Touch Pro2 (original OS is WinMo6.5) and I have a working Android 2.2 installed in the HTC. Any help I can get to maximize the capability of the Kyros is appreciated!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Oh, cool. That would be nice. Maybe it would make the build even more stable? Thanks!

ethraza

Oct 21, 2011
Hmmm, doesn't sound right. I got reports that V1.1 works fine with HDMI. Did you test the cable/connector with another device? Does it support HDCP 1.2 or 1.3? Did you enable HDMI on TV prior to connect the cable on Kyros?
Humm, I don't have other devices with mini-HDMI output and the cable comes in a transparent plastic with no info at all (chinese default I think :)), no locky to test it here.
There is no one that make it work around here?

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Humm, I don't have other devices with mini-HDMI output and the cable comes in a transparent plastic with no info at all (chinese default I think :)), no locky to test it here.
There is no one that make it work around here?

I've just bought an HDMI cable to test it... Image works fine with a Samsung Full HD LED TV/Monitor in either 720p or 1080p, but no sound on TV after going to Settings -> Sound and enabling HDMI sound. My cable says that it supports audio and video. I will do some research to try to fix it for the next version.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@lfom /flxrms just uploaded the UTMODULES here: utmodules.zip hope this helps your development of the CFW....

Cool, thanks! Lemme ask you2 questions about issues I am having with the next GingerLF release:

1. Did you test HDMI? Were you able to get sound through HDMI?

2. Do you have Google Voice installed? Do you hear a cracking/noise sound when using it?

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
Cool, thanks! Lemme ask you2 questions about issues I am having with the next GingerLF release:

1. Did you test HDMI? Were you able to get sound through HDMI?

2. Do you have Google Voice installed? Do you hear a cracking/noise sound when using it?

HDMI is good. Has sound coming from it. The first time, I thought HDMI Sound is not working, turns out to be my fault as I did not really plug in the HDMI cable properly. After re-seating the HDMI cable, I ticked HDMI sound and it all works good (I bought a cheap cable from our friend Mr. CDRKing.:D
About Google Voice, yes I it is installed but really haven't tested it yet.

So far, only issues are have is the cumbersome "browse" button (nuisance!!) and the often locking-up of the device (partly my fault as I installed a lot of crap on the tablet), may need to reset to factory default.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hmmm, then HMDI sound should have worked here. I bought a cable for audio and video, but couldn't make audio work.

If you could test Voice Search it would be nice too. Here I hear a cracking noise when it closes, kinda weird... It worked fine on Froyo.

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
bad news....my kyros was bricked when performing a CFW update......anyone can help unbrick?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
bad news....my kyros was bricked when performing a CFW update......anyone can help unbrick?

Read this:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...3007-project-reviving-hard-bricked-kyros.html

You may not need to open your tablet, first try creating the external microSD as explained in the thread (you need a 4GB card, 2GB won't work and I am not sure about 8GB), then use any firmware for your MID1024. If the tablet won't turn on, then try the reset first (next to the power connector) and only then you may need to open the tablet and use the shortcircuit trick. If you have problems, please use the other thread and I ma sure someone will help.