CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

alexd

Nov 11, 2011
Installed 1.2 yesterday; have another 8024 with stock ROM to compare.
There are a few things that are not right.
Lock icon on the initial screen has one coordinate doubled when moving so it looks weird (I think I saw it work right once or twice).
Wi-Fi is erratic. Takes a long time to come on and occasionally goes away.
Enable/Disable Browser Key force closes.
Python for Android -- Import Modules force closes.

Badhouse

Oct 10, 2011
Installed 1.2 yesterday; have another 8024 with stock ROM to compare.
There are a few things that are not right.
Lock icon on the initial screen has one coordinate doubled when moving so it looks weird (I think I saw it work right once or twice).
Wi-Fi is erratic. Takes a long time to come on and occasionally goes away.
Enable/Disable Browser Key force closes.
Python for Android -- Import Modules force closes.

Do you installed first v1.0 ?

I dont have problems with wifi, only with adhoc WEP key

lock screen your are using honey comb?, you can disable it before install on device.

Python, and disable key are not working for me too

alexd

Nov 11, 2011
Do you installed first v1.0 ?

I dont have problems with wifi, only with adhoc WEP key

lock screen your are using honey comb?, you can disable it before install on device.

Python, and disable key are not working for me too

Yes, I installed 1.0 first.
wifi reports an error (in dmesg) during startup and seems to never do anything until I go to Wireless and network settings.
Then it spontaneously connects.

$ dmesg|grep ready
[ 3.377808] android_usb gadget: android_usb ready
[ 44.682074] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
[ 45.052854] ar6000_init() WMI is ready
[ 211.655235] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
$

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
So far so good with this ROM - thanks! I've come across only two issues:
1 - The lock screen touchpoints are misaligned with the actual lock screen graphic.
2 - Facebook forcecloses when I launch it.

I know that both of these issues have been raised previously, and I believe one of the suggestions was to change the DPI setting from 160 - 172, which I did, but to no avail.

Has anyone come across any other solutions for these two issues?

Thanks!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
1 - The lock screen touchpoints are misaligned with the actual lock screen graphic.
2 - Facebook forcecloses when I launch it.!

1. aigo lockscreen is broken, edit "init.smdkv210.rc in the root folder and remove the line with "aigo" in it (or add a "#", without the quotation marks, to the beginning of the line).
2. Did you restart the tablet after the change? Did you try 200 instead?

razin

Nov 3, 2011
So far so good with this ROM - thanks! I've come across only two issues:

2 - Facebook forcecloses when I launch it.

I know that both of these issues have been raised previously, and I believe one of the suggestions was to change the DPI setting from 160 - 172, which I did, but to no avail.

Has anyone come across any other solutions for these two issues?

Thanks!

With Facebook, I've found a band-aid fix. Clear User data and it will work again, but u need to do it everytime.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
On another tablet I have with an experimental android version on it, installing a GPS fake app solved the force close.

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
On another tablet I have with an experimental android version on it, installing a GPS fake app solved the force close.

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

When you say a " GPS fake app", what exactly is meant by that? I'd like to incorporate that into the next update if possible

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
When you say a " GPS fake app", what exactly is meant by that? I'd like to incorporate that into the next update if possible

Actually, I found the fake GPS app that you're talking about and it did in fact fix the facebook FC. most likely then this is because I don't have the networklocation.apk installed with the GAPPs. so facebook tries to find your location and when it can't call up the networklocation.apk it just FCs. Thanks for that find! I'll include Networklocation.apk in the next update, hopefully that will fix it. if not, I'll include the fake gps app so you can set it manually and still use the newest facebook app

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Nef... thanks for the tip. Ill have to see if I can install the networklocation.apk onto my wife's HP Touchpad with CM7. that was where I got that tip. I dont like the fake GPS because it shows an icon in the taskbar.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Nef... thanks for the tip. Ill have to see if I can install the networklocation.apk onto my wife's HP Touchpad with CM7. that was where I got that tip. I dont like the fake GPS because it shows an icon in the taskbar.

Let me know how that goes, it was only a theory on my part, as I think CM7 does include the networklocation.apk. V1.3 is giving me some issues right now, so I haven't even been able to test if it fixes the FC issues with Facebook.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Nef if you like i can test!

Aye, I'm going to send you and Dan the link but right now it immediately white screens when flashed, so I want to at least work that out to before I send it out to you guys, since it would kinda render your tablet useless till I fix it otherwise

Badhouse

Oct 10, 2011
Aye, I'm going to send you and Dan the link but right now it immediately white screens when flashed, so I want to at least work that out to before I send it out to you guys, since it would kinda render your tablet useless till I fix it otherwise

ok nef, i thought you only had problems with facebook!

by the way, if my tablet become useless during installation from any rom!

this could be fixed with a downgrade?

Dan23669

Aug 6, 2011
Bad, as long as we can get back into recovery...we can flash the original coby firmware. Unless gingerbread has new bootloaders.