CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Amazing Rom! Thanks! Any Idea if CyanOgenmod would run on these???

I'm actually looking into that for V1.3 as Cyanogenmod is used for the base for MIUI roms. So I might go to a complete Cyanogenmod base

comscier

Oct 22, 2011
Something I've done is unplug it and plug it back in, it willl seem to charge again for maybe a minute or two then go blue again. I keep doing this till the point when if I unplug it and plug it back in and it goes blue right way, its fully charged. seems to help somewhat

Thanks, I will try that~~

Rao002001

Nov 1, 2011
Hello
I successfully installed v1.2 on my 8024 couple of weeks back, it worked fine until I connected it to my laptop using USB. I copied some docs to sd card on coby, clicked "safely remove hardware" on laptop and "stop usb" on coby, then it stopped responding. Then when I pressed and hold power button it powered off, now nothing works. not even powering on. no lights nothing. please help.

Thanks

Rao002001

Nov 1, 2011
Hello
I successfully installed v1.2 on my 8024 couple of weeks back, it worked fine until I connected it to my laptop using USB. I copied some docs to sd card on coby, clicked "safely remove hardware" on laptop and "stop usb" on coby, then it stopped responding. Then when I pressed and hold power button it powered off, now nothing works. not even powering on. no lights nothing. please help.

Thanks
I reset the tablet, and it is working again now. :)

comscier

Oct 22, 2011
Something I've done is unplug it and plug it back in, it willl seem to charge again for maybe a minute or two then go blue again. I keep doing this till the point when if I unplug it and plug it back in and it goes blue right way, its fully charged. seems to help somewhat

I've tried this, and it seems that this firmware never charges over 75% on my mid8024. (when I use the 1.2, even after I shut down the mid after a "full charge" 75% with blue light, the battery runs out this next day.)
I restore the stock rom, and now its a 100%. and it went down to 80% the next day. (its completely turn off during this time)

This thing is worse than my Motorola dual core droid 3. ==.=="

gtardin

Nov 3, 2011
Hi. Can you please show me where I can find a procedure to correctly install this version.
I am sorry about the basic question, but, I am not an expert like you guys.
Thanks!

berith

Nov 1, 2011
Gtardin, first download the 1.0 nefarious update, extract it to a microsd card and insert it in your tablet, turn it off(make it sure you have at least 75% battery left)
Press & hold the power button + home button until "System upgrade" text appears on the screen.
After the update ends, repeat all the steps but with the 1.2 zip file.
Greetings from Paraguay btw :)
Now, can someone help me with my Market? It's not showing any apps and when i try with any online link to the market, once it's loaded it says that my device it's not supported. Is there a way to fix it?

Badhouse

Oct 10, 2011
Hi. Can you please show me where I can find a procedure to correctly install this version.
I am sorry about the basic question, but, I am not an expert like you guys.
Thanks!

Format your SD CARD without the Quick format, After download and copy the Nefarious bread v1.2 to your SD. With ur Device turned off insert the SD and press and hold power + menu (central button) and wait for the device automatically turn off.

You dont need install the older versions.

Formate seu cartão de memoria sem o modo formatacao rapida, após formatar copiar a Nefarious bread para o SD, Com o tablet desligado insira o cartão de memoria e aperte POWER + MENU e segure até aparecer modo recovery. Depois só espere até que o tablet desligue sozinho...

Não precisa instalar as versoes antigas...

Badhouse

Oct 10, 2011
Gtardin, first download the 1.0 nefarious update, extract it to a microsd card and insert it in your tablet, turn it off(make it sure you have at least 75% battery left)
Press & hold the power button + home button until "System upgrade" text appears on the screen.
Now, can someone help me with my Market? It's not showing any apps and when i try with any online link to the market, once it's loaded it says that my device it's not supported. Is there a way to fix it?

I had some problems with market too, but on v1.1.1, try to re install the firmware! Its work for me

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
I've successfully installed this new ROM, and working great so far, so thanks! I've scanned all the posts in this thread and I don't recall finding any about install gmail, and gtalk and google calendar on the tablet after installing the ROM. Since it wasn't included, I'm assuming I have to install those myself?

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Format your SD CARD without the Quick format, After download and copy the Nefarious bread v1.2 to your SD. With ur Device turned off insert the SD and press and hold power + menu (central button) and wait for the device automatically turn off.

You dont need install the older versions.

Formate seu cartão de memoria sem o modo formatacao rapida, após formatar copiar a Nefarious bread para o SD, Com o tablet desligado insira o cartão de memoria e aperte POWER + MENU e segure até aparecer modo recovery. Depois só espere até que o tablet desligue sozinho...

Não precisa instalar as versoes antigas...

You do need to install v1.0 if you're coming from the stock froyo rom. if you're coming from a custom or ginger bread rom, you can install V1.2 directly

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
I've successfully installed this new ROM, and working great so far, so thanks! I've scanned all the posts in this thread and I don't recall finding any about install gmail, and gtalk and google calendar on the tablet after installing the ROM. Since it wasn't included, I'm assuming I have to install those myself?

Gtalk should be included, as far as gmail/calendar, etc you can get them from that market, which is why I left them out

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011

Is this the google market or the appslib? I know the appslib for some reason says the tablet is not compatible, but google market should work just fine