CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

freddykid

Dec 15, 2011
Are you using the one with a 1/4 circle in the corner of the screen? If yes, you can disable it by editing init.smdkv210.rc and remove the line (or add a "#" in the beginning to comment it) with "aigo".

That did it. Awesome thanks for your help.

coucoucnico

Dec 19, 2011
Hi all, i'm new on this threat.

I'm part of a school project: we wanna use memup tabs (which are coby clones) with students.

As we cannot find THE perfect rom, we started to mode the nefarius one (as well as the memup one ;))

At this time: we manage to delate the google market ( not really hard that's right), change the location in rom, change time zone in rom.

We miss changing the wifi config (to help the students to connect automatically wifi network at school).

Some troubles as well: when we install apk via the customer folder, it seems to work for some and not for other.

We would be please to have some help: how can we make tgz files tu update tabs? (need to sign? need to mod what? and so on)

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Hi all, i'm new on this threat.

I'm part of a school project: we wanna use memup tabs (which are coby clones) with students.

As we cannot find THE perfect rom, we started to mode the nefarius one (as well as the memup one ;))

At this time: we manage to delate the google market ( not really hard that's right), change the location in rom, change time zone in rom.

We miss changing the wifi config (to help the students to connect automatically wifi network at school).

Some troubles as well: when we install apk via the customer folder, it seems to work for some and not for other.

We would be please to have some help: how can we make tgz files tu update tabs? (need to sign? need to mod what? and so on)

Wow! I'm really flattered that you'd use my work for your school's tablets for the students, thank you!

as far as the wifi config, you can manually change the wpa_supplicant config file and add in your own network information into before flashing the rom, that way when the students try to connect, all the network information is already there and will automatically connect. If you need help with this, or would like me to make a wpa_supplicant config for your network, just PM me.

Installing APKS through the customer folder can be kind of tricky, the thing is with that, is it makes it a system app and not a user app. some apks do not like being installed as a system app and won't run properly. What you would want to do is make a utv210_userdata.tgz to install the apks into the userspace instead, that tends to be a better solution unless you absolutely need the apk to be a system app ( like google market). Again, if you need help with this or would like for me to make one for you, PM me. I can even include the WPA_supplicant config in the userdata tarball so it will install when the rom is flashed.

Once I get work going on V1.3, I am going to try to make a better flash system so that apks can be installed easily into the userspace without having to make tarballs to do it. I'm just having to rewrite scripts to do the flashing, once I have a working linux environment again

nabath

Dec 28, 2011
Already tried all ROMs that I found ...
NEFARIUS 1.0 - 1.1.1 - 1.2
CFW-Kyros_8024_2.3

the tablet in all roms updates .. however the screen is white .. works .. but I can not see!!

there if I go back to original rom .. work got him back!

What should I do??

step8giga

Dec 29, 2011
a little question on this fantastic question: can i use the apk "battery calibration" for calibrate my battery and try to give more life to it...?

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
Hey Nefirim,
I'm using V1.1. It's ok, but i want enable APN settings. I've tried editing init.smdkv210.rc without success. Any tips?

Thank you.

Sent from my MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

freddykid

Dec 15, 2011
Works with MID8024-4G?
I've already bricked and revived my coby...
it's safe to install??

I have it working fine on my MID8024, My kids love the thing. Plus you can do video chat and netflix once you flash it. it does seem to run better once I got the lock screen fixed.

tuner420

Dec 30, 2011
As soon as i get my micro SD card ill update :D,Also ive seen ur comments on another thread and you seem to be friendly :), but can you answer me some questions? i would really aprecciate it
-do i have to use rom manager and do a flash clockworkmod recovery?
-if i need to do that, which device do i need to select?
-will this brick my tablet?
- to flash i have to format the sd card to fat32, copy the things on the card, insert it and press the home and power button??

Thanks!! :)

djmejay

Dec 28, 2011
Hi
What to do when my tablet won't download some apps

Sent from my T301 using Android Tablet Forum