CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
Not sure if you tried this yet, but I did last night and my tablet ended up going into an endless reboot cycle. I had to reset my device, and instead I installed the fake GPS and it worked fine, as well as the facebook app

Sent from my CFW-MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

trade1235

Nov 25, 2011
i have a mid8024 and when i try to update to nefarious bread i extracted the update.zip to my 16gb sdhc card. when i hold the power and home button to start the update my tablet says mid upgrade system v1.0

update bootloader
Done
update kernel
done
update recovery
done
update logo
done
update filesystem done

and then it just stays on the coby logo screen

please help what is happening why doesnt this work for me

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
and then it just stays on the coby logo screen

please help what is happening why doesnt this work for me

This usually happens when either the kernel used to upgrade (zImage.debug file) is broken, a missing utscript.sh in the external microSD or the internal microSD is bad. Try downloading the upgrade firmware file again to make sure it's not corrupted, do a full format (use FAT32 mode) of the microSD card used in the external slot to install the CFW and follow the instructions to install.

Last edited:

darupe

Jul 25, 2011
nefirim hello.
Thanks for your great work you do! When is the next version?

Thanks!!!

Enviado desde mi LG-P970 usando Android Tablet Forum

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
nefirim hello.
Thanks for your great work you do! When is the next version?

Thanks!!!

Enviado desde mi LG-P970 usando Android Tablet Forum

Unfortunately right now I don't have a definitive date for the V1.3 release. Its has a white screen issue I've not had time to work out, home and work have been taking up most of my time lately but believe me, I still intend to get this working as soon as I have the chance

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
8024 has a PowerVR SGX540 GPU, used in all smdkv210 boards AFAIK, same as Samsung GT-P1000.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
New Nefarious-bread is a go! Heres whats new in the V1.2 update.
[...]
-Improved Database I/O

Nef, could you please document this? Is it OK to include in my CFW, if possible. TIA

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Nef, could you please document this? Is it OK to include in my CFW, if possible. TIA

Actually I think it was Flxrms that told me about it. What you do is replace the libsqlite.so with one that has been edited for better performance. It only depends on the version of android you're using, so its universal ( can be used on any MID**24 tablet). I got my modified one from the XDA forums, so sure, you can use it ^^ you can search XDA or if you want, you can pull it from my rom, its in the utv210_root.tgz then once you've exctracted it, go to /system/lib and you want the libsqlite.so The one in my rom only works for Ginger bread. if you want one for Froyo, you will need to get it from the XDA forums

Actually, I apologize LFOM, the optimized libsqlite.so in my rom isn't in the utv210_root.tgz. To find get the modified one from my rom, its actually under the /customer/system/lib/ directory.

Last edited:

afterlife2

Sep 24, 2011
Just saw this thread. AWESOME. Is there a how to video to install the Nefarious Bread? Sorry If this has been asked before.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Just saw this thread. AWESOME. Is there a how to video to install the Nefarious Bread? Sorry If this has been asked before.

I really should make one, however before you install, are you still using a froyo rom or stock rom on your 8024?

Sent from my CFW-MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

freddykid

Dec 15, 2011
I have updated my device and it works nice. it is faster and allows apps like tango and skye to function with the built-in camera on my kyros mid8024. Still freezes a bit when I have too many things going on. The only issues I have with it is the browser button enable/disable fails and the only one that really bothers me is the lock screen. The slide button jumps off the background track and it makes it a bit awkward to open the device. I saw someone else mention the enable/disable error but does anyone else have the issue with the lock slider?

I installed 1.0 then went to 1.2. is it better to got up each version?? (1.0 to 1.1 to 1.2)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
The only issues I have with it is the browser button enable/disable fails and the only one that really bothers me is the lock screen. The slide button jumps off the background track and it makes it a bit awkward to open the device. I saw someone else mention the enable/disable error but does anyone else have the issue with the lock slider

Are you using the one with a 1/4 circle in the corner of the screen? If yes, you can disable it by editing init.smdkv210.rc and remove the line (or add a "#" in the beginning to comment it) with "aigo".

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Thanks for the reply will disabling it reuse the stock slide lock or just go to the home screen?

It will disable the buggy aigo lock screen so you can use the normal one (slide to unlock, password or pattern).