Froyo (Android 2.2) Running on FT2 Series Tablets! CONFIRMED!

AaronCPgh

Apr 5, 2011
Just a quick note to say thanks to the people that answered my questions and for the great info in general. Cheers! :)

hystrix

Jan 29, 2011
Can someone please help me finding the following scripts:

3G / Telephony apps

Connecting to adhoc wifi network

I don't find them using Gscript.
Thanks!

SupahDroid

Mar 21, 2011
Bug Found: usb Hard drive when plugged in
causes freeze crash then reboot.
Will Keep you posted if i Find more ill make a thread.

Last edited:

jtinlv

Apr 4, 2011
I have been running this update for a few days and this morning it froze between the TUX icon and the Android screen. The Android boot logo never apppeared was wondering if that was a fluke or if anyone else has seen this issue.

P.S.
Great build easy install good work guys.

SupahDroid

Mar 21, 2011
I have been running this update for a few days and this morning it froze between the TUX icon and the Android screen. The Android boot logo never apppeared was wondering if that was a fluke or if anyone else has seen this issue.

Might be a fluke might not. what i do know is with this tablet if you change boot animations sometimes it will cause a black screen to appear right before or right after the boot animation and lockup causing OS not to load.

Mar 20, 2011

P.S.
Great build easy install good work guys.

happened once to me and once only

To Fix:

* wait for freeze
* Hold power button for 10 seconds (normal reboot)
* wait for your tux screen
* 10 second reboot again
* load as normal
* access "settings" and running applications
* turn off everything you can
* turn tablet off as normal
* boot as normal and enjoy

this should work but if you find your tablet slow or sluggish access settings/running apps/ and turn off extraneous applications such as the dialer and google talk, auto updates etc. etc. to free up some RAM.
Remember this OS was designed to run with 500mb+ of RAM and can lag up sometimes because its pulling resources that simply are not there.

Remember to free up RAM before attempting to play/use the following apps & actions

* any 3D game
* Angry Birds can be quite resource heavy
* Perfect Viewer (comic viewer) requires a minimum of 50mb of free RAM to function
* Auto updates will hog both bandwidth and RAM for your first 10+ mins of boot turning it off can massively increase performance
* remove USB drives before boot as accessing them can lag (but to be fair so can micro SD cards but to a lesser degree)
* NEVER boot with a 3G dongle under any circumstances as it can crash pretty much everything

and for World of Warcraft players running the armoury app and authenticatior

* Take down your authenticatior core code number (the one you put into battle.net to bind the account) as updating firmware will make the app think its a new tablet and assign a new number rendering your account locked
* Turn off armoury auto updater as it will bloat and take a massive amount of resources during boot.
* DO NOT USE THE REMOTE AUCTION HOUSE, its update system will kill your battery as it randomly demands data. never use this app while using 3G

ok folks that's it for now more later

OrrKislev

Jan 17, 2011
Aries...
is didnt work...
I tried twice more...
I'll download the file again and start over, and let you know.

well it didnt work... again...
oh please help me. i want froyo so much!!

well, I did it!
using U-boot, advice from the xda-developers forum
nice
but now someone have to figure out the calibration, its pretty off...

Aries, many thanks, you put a lot of affort in this thing

Last edited:

jtinlv

Apr 4, 2011
everything went smooth until first boot
right after i flashed it
see the equalizer and all, but it freezes at the screen "android" in the middle.
tried rebooting again. same.
damn!

files from the root of my SD card: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ekkjak

To get around this I found it was the /sdcard read. Don't know if this is just my clone but I move the sdcard to the second slot after the flash at the first boot. It read the sdcard and finished the installation and all was well.

Cheers

throtmax

Apr 22, 2011
Can someone please help me finding the following scripts:

3G / Telephony apps

Connecting to adhoc wifi network

I don't find them using Gscript.

Thanks!

OrrKislev

Jan 17, 2011
ok, been playing with this for a day or two:
I'm not sure if it is faster, actually i think it's a bit slower, but maybe its because it's really hard without proper calibration...
the wifi was better before. at my bed, of my desk, I used to have some signal, not very good. but now I dont get any signal at all, when I move a few feet I get it, which is not so good...
and, trying to play doodle jump, the g-sensor is 90 degrees off! I need to turn the tablet at a weird axis to play. not fun at all.
could now download many apps, not sure why..
didnt try flash yet because of damn wifi..

but, again, overall these guys did quite a good job and I guess the problems will be gone soon!