Froyo (Android 2.2) Running on FT2 Series Tablets! CONFIRMED!

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
i would see no point either unless for battery life and speed. everyones main concern is flash but our tablets dont support it. the firmware can force the cpu to try to run it but its like telling a paralyzed person too do a cartwheel. well over thinking, an emulator like a video player could be built like my archos has so it could be possible after we get clockwork. meaning, port that emulator over with my planned firmware.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Ah. So it is worth it although we can only use a flash VIEWER. Correct?

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

Mar 20, 2011
Thanks a million for the info.

I have installed the V4 on the tablet, so when you say upgrade, do you mean to reflash V5 over V4?

Thanks in advance

that's exactly what im suggesting yes

Ah. So it is worth it although we can only use a flash VIEWER. Correct?

yes but i am working on that little issue as we speak.

some managed it already but have yet to published how it was pulled off

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Alright I will be checking it out.

woodeman

Mar 16, 2011
I have installed v5 and it is working. Screen calibrated fine. I will report more as I use it. Thanks to Aries and all others involved.

Update: Getting random lockups and have to reboot. Mostly Angry Birds, but occassionally Miren Browser. Reboots w/no issues, takes about 75 seconds, I think slightly faster than previous versions.

Last edited:

woodeman

Mar 16, 2011
I installed [Rom] InFotomic Superpad firmware 3245 V2.2 Android2.1.1/Stable/Smooth/Official e downloaded v5 of Froyo. But my pad didn't boot from sd card, why? Sd card after winhex procedure is 758MB and there are 3 dirs: android, LOST.DIR, stage2.

I ran into the issue of not having enough space on my sd card for the program, then I realizd that after you unzip the v5 folder you have an sd folder that is too large for the card. I opened the sd folder and copied the 3 folders to the sd card and they all fit. I then proceeded to booting the tablet. I should add that I installed v4 first per some instructions in a previous post. v5 seems to be working well. The only problem I have come across so far is I can't get Angry Birds to install.

Mar 20, 2011
The only problem I have come across so far is I can't get Angry Birds to install.

remove all SD cards and install as normal
yes angry birds and the holiday version works well and in MHO a little smoother

thi fix works for all non initial install programs eg:

* youtube app (use the one from the guide)
* Kindle app
etc. etc.

then use move to SD after a reboot

Last edited:

woodeman

Mar 16, 2011
remove all SD cards and install as normal
yes angry birds and the holiday version works well and in MHO a little smoother

thi fix works for all non initial install programs eg:

* youtube app (use the one from the guide)
* Kindle app
etc. etc.

then use move to SD after a reboot

Thanks, It worked but I couldn't move to sd card. No big deal, at least I got my Birds. Everything else I got back w/Titanium.

molecular

Nov 20, 2010
When I tried to update I most stupidly put the wrong file in place and have ended up with a Buzzzzzzing brick!!!!!!!!!! I have tried all the usual key press methods of booting, also a bootable SD card but zilch!! I do expect that this is Terminal. Any possible alternatives?

Thanks.

Mar 20, 2011
[ROM] (Flytouch 2, SuperPad, WWE10) 2.2 v2.1 #3925 - xda-developers

This is a new firmware # 3925, it comes with flash 10.1 more stable and faster.
It requires a usb cable to install. But if you want to install by using the sd card, you can choose the firmware # 3656.

#3925 http://www.b2cus.com/software/flash10.1-android2.2.rar
#3656 http://www.b2cus.com/software/WWE10B_Android_2_2_V1_8_U0M_GT2005.rar

due to the difficulty if downgrading from 2.2 to 2.1 even with a custom ROM we are not recommending this to any 2.2. users at this time.
this was noted before in this thread and i am requesting that future links to a downgraded ROM should have a "Brick" warning post along with any links.

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
When attemptng to write the version 5 image to an SD card I keep getting winhex message " only the full version allows to wite sectors to the disk"

Have I pressed a wrong button ?? or maybe a license trial has expired from when I flashed the 3245 rom...