Froyo (Android 2.2) Running on FT2 Series Tablets! CONFIRMED!

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
yes I already made a guide on xda dev, because here in our forum I cant post more pictures.

about the microSD cloning just read on my post, and scroll down and download the file there.

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
I'm following the XDA link and opted to make up a male/male USB cable , but no matter how hard I try, when pressing power + menu I cannot get the unit to display 'Communicating with PC'...

Any clues has I'm getting cheesed off and just want a stable 2.2 rom installed

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
I'm following the XDA link and opted to make up a male/male USB cable , but no matter how hard I try, when pressing power + menu I cannot get the unit to display 'Communicating with PC'...

Any clues has I'm getting cheesed off and just want a stable 2.2 rom installed

There something wrong with your USB cable, or the USB port on the PC.

got v5 load installed but lockscreen is frozen.

You can try my guide on the XDA Dev, it's not the V5 Froyo.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1074251

wrcgator

May 12, 2011
after loading firmware 2852 and loading correct uboot image the froyo image i loaded via bootable sd worked fine! Thanks.

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
"GPS
If your gps is stuck in Shangai or not updating,
you need to reset the agps data with the gps status software
in the menu => tool => Manage A-GPS state
do reset + download"

Aries can you please break the up into bitsize chunks so I can understand. Is agps an app?
Really like the 2.2 rom but GPS stuck in China and market downloads gone very flakey ( is that the Adhoc problem?)

wrcgator

May 12, 2011
Pergaps its me but this load 2.2 v5 seems slower and less stable than the 2.1 load. Anyone else have the same EXPERIENCE?

Last edited:

irishinvenice

Jan 7, 2011
I am running Ubuntu and can't get Uboot tool to run. It only runs on Windows. Anyone know of a similar tool that can be run on Linux/Ubuntu?

apetrok81

May 17, 2011
Does anyone know if this will work on the Epad? Its basically where the company made a generic ipad, then another company took that, improved the hardware a bit, and put android on it. Its very generic but it is from China as Ive read some of your's are and also has the chinese keyboard. Its on 2.1 and its also 10.2". It may have another name, but the documentation is very vague and only says Epad. It look like a giant Ipod touch, has 1 usb out/flash drive, 1 mini usb, 1 headphone jack, 1 mic, and 1 sd card slot at the top. I hope this helps and hope I can run this, because what I have is very slow and glitchy.

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
With my 2gb SD card already setup as a 700mb rom flashing device, I went back to 2.1 because GPS didn't work and flakey wifi.
But then I tried a Froyo 2.2 rom in the XDA developers android forum and still got flakey wifi...but ...yey the GPS is now working.

So I've got 2.2 running fine with only ethernet dropping issues to bottom out.

But I don't understand what ADHOC network is and whether this is related to the flakey wifi. Have downloaded the GScript lite app but the instructions given in this forum don't make sense.

So can anyone advise on how to get stable ethernet/wifi?

scigo

Mar 27, 2011
I need a bit of advice. I was looking to update to the new 2.2 ROM. previously I have updated my FL2 to 3245 no problem at all. I have got original cable USB to USB. I have followed the instruction fully apart from doing a factory reset at start (I somehow missed it at that point and didn't know how to do it either) I have uploaded the old ROM, U-boot etc so my FL2 was showing the number 0.6.1.2 (587) in the corner and the old ROM started fine. Then I progressed to the new ROM with the updated RAMDISK. Again it went well, asked me to unplug the cable a restart. But then it got stuck on equalizer screen
I have then found that I forgot to do factory reset so I did clear cache and did factory reset and loaded new rom via cable again but the same result. Stuck on equalizer screen.
Any ideas?

SORTED!

Last edited:

dcartman

May 27, 2011
I have the SuperPad and am attempting to Upgrade to 2.2 and am running into problems:

What works:
1. I have burned the image to disk using dd on both a linux box and an OS X laptop
2. Flashing stage 1 seems to be successful, though some of the progress bars stop at around 50%
3. The system reboots into the Green Screen and flashes twice.
4. The system seems to finish the Flash stage 2, and reboots.

This is where it all stops working. The SuperPad reboots to the Green Screen again and tries to flash again.

I have tried V4 and V5, and have attempted both sets of instructions, but am at a loss. Currently I have an unusable superpad, very sad.

Here is a link to a zip of all the .txt files on the SD card.

http://ddotb.com/projects/Archive.zip

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Daniel

dcartman

May 27, 2011
Model number: SAWEE Pad
Firmware version: 2.1-update 1 V2.3:#3529
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
Build number: ERE27

I flashed the FW but now the pad will not boot, stuck on the green boot screen.

Noticed during flashing, the progress bar of each stage only reaches half way then the next stage starts...Is that normal? dunno!

I am encountering the same issue, with the same hardware. Were you ever able to sort out the problem?

santiphapc

Apr 23, 2011
I have the SuperPad and am attempting to Upgrade to 2.2 and am running into problems:

What works:
1. I have burned the image to disk using dd on both a linux box and an OS X laptop
2. Flashing stage 1 seems to be successful, though some of the progress bars stop at around 50%
3. The system reboots into the Green Screen and flashes twice.
4. The system seems to finish the Flash stage 2, and reboots.

This is where it all stops working. The SuperPad reboots to the Green Screen again and tries to flash again.

I have tried V4 and V5, and have attempted both sets of instructions, but am at a loss. Currently I have an unusable superpad, very sad.

Here is a link to a zip of all the .txt files on the SD card.

http://ddotb.com/projects/Archive.zip

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Daniel

Try this one.

Deposit Files

with this guide.

[GUIDE] :: SuperPad/FlyTouch2/WWE10 Android 2.2 Froyo USB Flashing :: - xda-developers