MID1024 Official and Custom Roms thread. add your custom roms

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
flxrms also built a custom ROM for 7024, maybe it is possible to do the same with 1024. If he shares what exactly he did I am willing to try with 1024 to see if it works...

dutorito

Sep 19, 2011
flxrms also built a custom ROM for 7024, maybe it is possible to do the same with 1024. If he shares what exactly he did I am willing to try with 1024 to see if it works...

Good Morning guys, im Eduardo from Brazil and im here to share my ROM with you...
First of all, sorry for my bad english... I know it sucks...

I downloaded the flxrms ROM and installed it on my 1024 but it ****ed my tablet, touch didnt worked anymore, all issues you guys already know, etc....
Luckly, theres a recovery at coby usa already... with that recovery file and flxrms rom i made alot of changes at the original firmware and im here to post the results and the file for your evaluation...

The changes i made, and the issues i fixed:
- Cleared the stock instalation, removed all crap files from Coby OFW (The apps on my ROM are: Calculator, Camera, Email, Gallery, Music, Browser, Search and Search Widget, cant remember if there are another apps... will update info later)
- LCD Density changed from 200 to 162 (High Resolution, finally looks like a tablet now!)
- Removed applib and fixed market on stock install
- Fixed Google Calendar, Google Tasks and Google Contacts
- Fixed 3G option (NOT TESTED, this is a function from the flxrms version and i dont have 3g to test it, please update ty)
- Fixed all issues with touch screen and lcd, so this ROM is FULL COMPATIBLE with 1024 devices
- Changed the boot animation to a cool one i found at xda. =D

I think this ROM is safe, i flashed my own device about 30 times today, just to test the features
I think thats all... Thanks to flxrms, who started this job, i think he did some memory optimizing, coz its running really smooth now and i really dont have a clue about advanced android programming... I mean, i just tried to fix my tablet missing functions, like sync with google stuff and i think it will help some people like me...
Enough with the talk, here's the link: CFW-1024 froyo 2.2 ver 1.0.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Like i said, im just a rookie android user, this ROM must be a joke to you guys, but i really hope it helps and i am waiting a real custom ROM to this fantastic device.
Thanks for you all who will test this ROM and who will use it to create another ones, lets make this tablet a nice device guys!

dutorito

Sep 19, 2011
Almost forgot, the install instructions...

Pretty simple: 1. Copy all files to a MicroSD card, i recommend a clean one...
2. Recharge your Coby Kyros 1024
3. After recharge TURN OFF your Coby Kyros 1024
4. Insert the card at the COBY KYROS 1024 MicroSD slot
5. Press the home menu, keep pressing and TURN the tablet ON
6. After that, a recovery menu will appear, then you can release the home button.
7. Wait a few minutes while system works
8. System will shut down, TURN it ON again
9. DONE! Congratz, now you have a nice and clean Android 2.2 build optimized for Coby Kyros 1024!

sunyata

Sep 20, 2011
Tipster rom for 7015 is jut gingerbread with honeycomb theme. I just installed that to my ofcmates kyros 7015 tablet.

That a500 looks really nice.

Actually since 1024 now have the offical firmware you can actually use your uboot.bin and gingerbread mod at slateroid. Just replace the uboot.bin and recovery of the gingerbread with the official 1024 rom copy.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

Flxrms:
I'm interested in upgrading the firmware on my Coby 1024 to 2.3 so that it can send and receive video on Skype calls with callers using computers. I'm just a newbie. Can you please elaborate step-by-step the adaptation you mentioned above?

I was also doing some searching and wonder whether the firmware for Hertab M816 discussed in this link could be used for the Coby 1024:

20110420-2.3 demo version - SlateDroid.com

Thanks for your help.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Flxrms:
I'm interested in upgrading the firmware on my Coby 1024 to 2.3 so that it can send and receive video on Skype calls with callers using computers. I'm just a newbie. Can you please elaborate step-by-step the adaptation you mentioned above?

I was also doing some searching and wonder whether the firmware for Hertab M816 discussed in this link could be used for the Coby 1024:

20110420-2.3 demo version - SlateDroid.com

Thanks for your help.

i can make one but i cant share something i cant test personally since your tablet is 1024... also please dont use that link its not made for our tablet...the cpu may be same but it might brick your tablet.

sunyata

Sep 20, 2011
i can make one but i cant share something i cant test personally since your tablet is 1024... also please dont use that link its not made for our tablet...the cpu may be same but it might brick your tablet.

flxrms,

Thanks for the warning. I will not use the rom for the HerotabM816

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Good Morning guys, im Eduardo from Brazil and im here to share my ROM with you...
First of all, sorry for my bad english... I know it sucks...

Enough with the talk, here's the link: CFW-1024 froyo 2.2 ver 1.0.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Like i said, im just a rookie android user, this ROM must be a joke to you guys, but i really hope it helps and i am waiting a real custom ROM to this fantastic device.
Thanks for you all who will test this ROM and who will use it to create another ones, lets make this tablet a nice device guys!
Okay So I flashed your Custom Coby 1024 rom today. Nice job it did not brick my tablet.
:cool:1 Very fast ,much faster than stock
New screen resolution made tablet seem bigger, Launcher was smaller but not a negative.
overall, stock feel but better feel.
Also I flashed back to stock and everything is ok.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@vernox
he copy the build.prop of 7024 but forgot to edit it to 1024 as model number :p

dutorito

Sep 19, 2011
@vernox
he copy the build.prop of 7024 but forgot to edit it to 1024 as model number :p

yeah my bad, i fixed it in another rom i made for my personal use... made alot of changes... this rom i posted was a copy of yours modified to run at 1024...

This new i did, i modified the 1024 ofw itself... not a lot of changes, thats why i didnt posted yet, no need at all...

hhugorivera

Sep 7, 2011
Almost forgot, the install instructions...

Pretty simple: 1. Copy all files to a MicroSD card, i recommend a clean one...
2. Recharge your Coby Kyros 1024
3. After recharge TURN OFF your Coby Kyros 1024
4. Insert the card at the COBY KYROS 1024 MicroSD slot
5. Press the home menu, keep pressing and TURN the tablet ON
6. After that, a recovery menu will appear, then you can release the home button.
7. Wait a few minutes while system works
8. System will shut down, TURN it ON again
9. DONE! Congratz, now you have a nice and clean Android 2.2 build optimized for Coby Kyros 1024!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

;) Thank you so much !!! just made the update on my kyros 1024 and it works !!

I was having some issues with the tablet. Hope this can fix them I was experiencing screen freezes and unexpected reboots, unresponsive buttons and video delays.

I'll keep you updated on the new performance. :cool:

hhugorivera

Sep 7, 2011
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

;) Thank you so much !!! just made the update on my kyros 1024 and it works !!

I was having some issues with the tablet. Hope this can fix them I was experiencing screen freezes and unexpected reboots, unresponsive buttons and video delays.

I'll keep you updated on the new performance. :cool:

So far everything is ok.

I also noticed changing the resolution in the HDMI confirguration from 1080P to 720P helped to solve many issues with the video card and the processor speed, cause I was experiencing delays in games and in videos even the side buttons stop working and I had to reboot the tablet.

Well I hope this can keep on working for now.

diotto

Sep 28, 2011
I found this interesting link about how to root Coby Kyros1024: Coby Kyros MID1024-4G: rooted, googlified - Alex Ibrado

Can someone (android experienced person) check if all said in this webpage is ok?, I'm not an android expert so I can't tell if its true or not.

Basically what you need is SuperOneClick (which can be download in Shortfuse.org site: ftp://shortfuse.org/SuperOneClick/Packages/SuperOneClickv2.1.1-ShortFuse.zip) , extract it to some folder, connect your tabled in debug mode and these commands (adb executable is inside SuperOneClick package):

adb push Exploits/psneuter /data/local/tmp/
adb push Root/su-v2 /data/local/tmp/su
adb install Root/Superuser.apk
adb shell
$ chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/psneuter
$ /data/local/tmp/psneuter
property service neutered.
killing adbd. (should restart in a second or two)

adb shell
# cp /data/local/tmp/su /system/bin
# chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
# exit
$ exit

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
So I downloaded your ROM. looks good. didnt see much difference in the screen look, but that may just be me. doyou have a file explorer in there? I cannot find it.