Discussion in 'Coby Generation 2 Development' started by lfom, Sep 15, 2011.
I just bought a Coby Kyros MID 1125 with Android 2.3.3. What will this ROM Do to my tablet?
No, 1125 uses Telechips Cortex A8, a completely different CPU. Don't use anything for MIDx024 (Samsung Cortex A8) or it will brick your tablet. If you're on 2.3.3 probably you don't need it anyway...
Been tryng to get the Alldro2 rom working on my 1024 .it boots but nothing shows after coby logo. I changed utmodules but i cannot figure out what else is missing...
My CFW is based on AllDro2, does it work? Usually if it stops in the Coby logo it means it's not loading system (either kernel/zImage or system files). My V1.1 also creates a log.txt so you have some info if installation fails.
Your rom works fine but your layout is different i am trying to see how the alldro2 rom looks without modsbasically i was using a modified utscript.sh from steev and zimage and zimagedebug from your 1.1and recovery image that may be the issue...yours uses different utscript.sh.....it doesnt install files....thr one im working with starts but i think i dont have lcd drivers installed
Attempting to update my froyo rom to gingerbread
Looking for any insight on why wifi won't connect using alldro2 rom as a base.
Having issues with the wifi connection on my gingerbread rom.
1. If I add certain google apps it breaks wifi
2. If I mod any .apk it also breaks wifi
3. Also if I enable 3g, bluetooth or gps
Running the rom straight with no mods I don't have any problems, I checked all init scripts and even removed patches folder but nothing.
1. To install AllDro2 on MID1024 you have to add u-boot and utmodules from 1024 OFW, removing the AllDro2 ones. Did you do this? I my CFW I used u-boot from OFW and utmodules from a Gingerbread build for 1024n.
2. How are you adding Gapps and patches? What did you change in the AllDro2 firmware in order to do this?
3. Did you install my CFW? If you did, you had any problems with WiFi?
Yes I have changed out uboot.bin from ofw and utmodules gingerLF rom .... Google app apk's from froyo don't work so I used version 6 from cyanogenmod. I used basic GApps..(calendarsync,ContactsSync,ServicesFramework,MarketUPdater,MediaUploader,NetworkLocation and Vending 2.2
34)...When testing no I don't use any patches and I am using basic utscript.sh.
1) If I add Googlevoice or Voicesearch apk's into the rom for some reasom wifi will scan once but it will never connect.
2) If I modify any graphics in the systemUI.apk same as above wifi scans once but never connects as well and never becomes accessable even after a reboot.
3) When modifying the smdkv210 file if I set anything to true wifi I have the same wifi issues.
4) When using GingerLF1.0 I can add googlevoice and voice search no problems. The only issue I had is the custom install script breaks the launcher and only shows 6 wallpapers even though all are included. Your rom is great and safe path is even better(imo) I mod my rom on my phone all the time but the coby is so sensitive I only ask questions because maybe I am over looking a minor detail that this tablet uses and I need to change how I open up the apk's.
edit: my wifi works It only stalls out in the above situations I have flashed ofw, paradise rom , alldro2 and both of your roms ....maybe something is up with my computer (win7-64bit)
You need a Gapps version that is compatible with Android 2.3. Look for "gapps-gb-20110115-signed", it seems to work fine here. You can extract the file and use only the ones you want in your CFW. You can replace Vending.apk with the one you want, you don't have to use the one included in the zip file.
Lfom have you tried using the Evolution 4.0 rom....I can't get it to unlock.
Nope. Is it available for smdkv210? Download link, pls?
GingerLF V1.2 released:
Prox32's work ROM Collection - SlateDroid.com
Vernox, are you working on it? If it is really Gingerbread 2.3.3 then it may be useful since the version we use now is only 2.3. Other than that, it's fine tuned for another hardware, and I don't like to use something that I don't understand completely, like its under the hood optimizations, so I would not use it "as is". I prefer to use things that I know like V6 Supercharger and mountopts mod by steev.
No,not really working on it. I was just checking it out. I loaded up his old paradise rom which is a gingerbread w/honeycomb theme and I saw that he finally put evolution4.0 out. I get the rom to boot up,When I press the power button the menu comes up and I can press the menu to turn off the tablet so I know touch screen partially works. So I am thinking there is a different script that controls the lockscreen operation.I was just hoping that you had already tried it and knew the trick to get past the lockscreen. I understand what you are saying I figured it would be easy to modify.
Separate names with a comma.