MID1024 Official and Custom Roms thread. add your custom roms

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
1) Someone come up with a hack that will force Froyo to use front camera for Skype video chat

I've read that if you install Yahoo Messenger plugin for audio/video it makes Skype video work too, maybe it installs a missing library or something else. I haven't tried it yet tho.

2) Someone give lfom the goodix drivers to complete his Gingerbread Rom (this will allow me to do away with number 1)

Yes, please! :)

3) Google, please release ICS so the genius ROM cookers on this forum can port it to the 1024

ICS?

EDIT:Oh, Ice Cream Sandwich... Maybe not soon, they hardly do. Let's see, and hope so. ;)

Last edited:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
The yahoo add on will not install. Wont even download thru YIM.

Well I found a good download for the yahoo video but it still crashes when u turn video on.

Pecked out on my rooted Kyros MID1024

Last edited:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Fwiw I updated to the new market. Screen is at 160 and I install at will

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Posted new rom based on Official firmware by Coby. I mainly modded the framwork using some images from blueglass theme. Modified the status bar so you can see the clock. I added a lot of gapps didnt add maps because you can download once you connect to the market. I also added the miui music app not my favorite because I really like sense music widgets alot. l think most will like it...looking into making slighty different version with red themeing.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-technical/24304-azure1024_v1_cfw.html

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Lfom,any luck on the GB screen driver? Hows the stability of your unit so far? I notice from time to time it being difficult coming out of sleep. Push either button and it not coming on or when it finally does it is rebooting.

Mine will also FC when logged into the xda app and viewing a thread. Still no luck on the video chat either.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Lfom,any luck on the GB screen driver?

I am close. You can help:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...dix-touch-drivers-gingerbread.html#post139137

Hows the stability of your unit so far? I notice from time to time it being difficult coming out of sleep. Push either button and it not coming on or when it finally does it is rebooting.

Mine will also FC when logged into the xda app and viewing a thread. Still no luck on the video chat either.

The sleep issue is common with MID1024, and probably all smdkv210 boards. If you use an utility (I use WiFi Buddy) to set WiFi enabled all the time it seems to fix it (it will use more battery while sleeping tho :().

About FC, I was having some issues with some games, and I changes some system settings and installed V6 Supercharger and it fixed it.

build.prop
dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0

V6
11 - OOM Fix + Hard to Kill Launcher
8 - MegaRAM 1

Sorry, I don't use xda app, so I can't tell if it's stable or not.

Last edited:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
I haven't gotten smart enough to work in adb yet. But ill take it to work tomorrow and see if I can do that for ya.

Where did u get the v6 supercharger

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I am close. You can help:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...dix-touch-drivers-gingerbread.html#post139137

The sleep issue is common with MID1024, and probably all smdkv210 boards. If you use an utility (I use WiFi Buddy) to set WiFi enabled all the time it seems to fix it (it will use more battery while sleeping tho :().

About FC, I was having some issues with some games, and I changes some system settings and installed V6 Supercharger and it fixed it.

build.prop
dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0

V6
11 - OOM Fix + Hard to Kill Launcher
8 - MegaRAM 1

Sorry, I don't use xda app, so I can't tell if it's stable or not.

The sleep issue only happen with firmwares provided by Coby(Froyo only)...When i used to have C8lean Froyo as my base for my CFW "sleep" is working properly as expected..

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
The sleep issue only happen with firmwares provided by Coby(Froyo only)...When i used to have C8lean Froyo as my base for my CFW "sleep" is working properly as expected..

Oh, yes. True. I should have said "smdkv210 boards with Coby's OFW".

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Gotcha.. But I am running your rom. granted it IS based off the coby with some tweaks more or less?
NM about the v6. darn google... gets me every time. didnt help with the xda app.

I bookmarked teh adb thread and ill see if I can get that discovered tomorrow for ya. I know when I first got mine, I had issues getting the sdk installed. it would never detect the adb device. darn windows 7 pro x64

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Gotcha.. But I am running your rom. granted it IS based off the coby with some tweaks more or less?

Yes, it is.

NM about the v6. darn google... gets me every time. didnt help with the xda app.

I bookmarked teh adb thread and ill see if I can get that discovered tomorrow for ya. I know when I first got mine, I had issues getting the sdk installed. it would never detect the adb device. darn windows 7 pro x64

Don't worry about V6, I bet the key is the editing part for build.prop. It's easy to do.

Also, you don't need sdk or adb to get dmesg, you can use Terminal Emulator and create the file in your sdcard:

Code:
dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt

Maybe doesn't even need rooting. ;)

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
ok. I did hte build.prop. will reboot and see.

also I did teh command in emulator. got a file full of stuff but nothing about the goodix. can I type the coding in that you had for the adb in teh emulator and get that readout?

Got it thru emulator.

[ 7.883557] input: Goodix Capacitive TouchScreen as /devices/virtual/input/input2
[ 7.905151] Goodix-TS 1-0055: the config ret is :0
[ 7.921984] Goodix-TS 1-0055: Guitar Version: GT801NI_3R12_159
[ 7.922066] Goodix-TS 1-0055: Create proc entry success!
[ 7.922119] Goodix-TS 1-0055: Start Goodix Capacitive TouchScreen in interrupt mode

Last edited:

dutorito

Sep 19, 2011
Guys, tnx to lfom touch screen drivers from his rom, i made a port from steev's port...

This is an prox32's Evo 3.1.1 based ROM, actually im working in porting cyanogenmod 7.1 for kyros1024... will post further upgrades soon.

Features found so far:

- Android gingerbread version 2.3.3
- Stock root
- Fixed the bug that randomly turns the screen off, without the need of turning wifi on all time.
- Battery calibrator, with stock root an battery calibrator my tablet got a 200% boost in uptime...
- Stock Titanium backup (never miss your files again)
- Soft buttons at top bar
- Updated Market. (device's fingerprint changed, so now theres no more compatibility issues on that)
- Skype video chat (awesome)
- Supports bluetooth, hdmi, gps, 3g, usb eth and usb joystick. (need tests)

Im using it and had no problem till now... Make your own tests and post feedback.

REMEMBER, THIS ROM WAS TESTED ON A COBY KYROS MID1024 DEVICE WITH 1024N MOTHERBOARD. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR TABLET.

Update at your own risk.

heres the link: http://www.4shared.com/file/ofKVjn1f/kyros_1024_evo_3_1_1.html