My SuperPAD II experience (firmware post #17)

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
For $180US you cant complain much about the FT3's deficiencies *;). We can only hope the firmware updates make the most out of our hardware, short of cracking it open and modding it.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
While I don't presume to be any good at programming anything, I actually downloaded the Android SDK and have started working my way through their tutorials. I am determined that I am going to at least be able to say I have tried to do my part. I have a little experience with web design (HTML, CSS) and am trying to work my way through xml and java so I can try my hand building Android apps and maybe even ROMs. I have actually gotten good support from several places and enormously helpful advice in this direction. I will never claim to able to solve all the problems we will face with our tablets, but I am at least doing my part to try. :) Maybe one day I will be one of those risk taking engineers you are talking about.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
For $180US you cant complain much about the FT3's deficiencies *;). We can only hope the firmware updates make the most out of our hardware, short of cracking it open and modding it.

You got it right. This is why I purchased two Android tablets instead of two IPADs. :)

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Does anyone know how to open the tablet sdcard while it is a .drive? That is what it shows up as after I disassembled my tablet and put the microSD card in my laptop. I am wanting to copy all of the stuff on that card to a safe location in case I mess something up. That way I can put it right back on the card and go again. :D

And the update: It just loaded itself as five separate mass storage devices. Now I just need to figure out how to put it all together in one comprehensive whole. I am going to try and install a slightly larger microSD card and see how it works out for me. I will post another update once I figure all of this out.

Last edited:

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Does anyone know how to open the tablet sdcard while it is a .drive? That is what it shows up as after I disassembled my tablet and put the microSD card in my laptop. I am wanting to copy all of the stuff on that card to a safe location in case I mess something up. That way I can put it right back on the card and go again. :D

And the update: It just loaded itself as five separate mass storage devices. Now I just need to figure out how to put it all together in one comprehensive whole. I am going to try and install a slightly larger microSD card and see how it works out for me. I will post another update once I figure all of this out.

I did not get it what you tried to do initially. Now I think you intended to connect your FT3 to your PC. In your PC, FT3 is recognized as many USB drives. Because FT3 have 4 (2 USB ports + one MicroSd port + Internal Memory port) USB/MicroSD flash memory slots, PC reconized FT3 have 4 separate drives. Correct?

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I took my tablet apart and removed tje internal tf card. Now I am trying to move all of the info to a larger card and then put it in the tablet. When I initially put the card from the tablet in my pc it said it was a .drive and ghe pc couldn't open the contents. I pulled it out and stuck it back in and it opened the card. But it shows each partition as a seperate mass storage device. So I have seven different icons in the my computer window. Each one contains several files, some require su to open which I can't seem to acquire while the card is in the pc. I have tried the root terminal in Ububtu and still can't access them. So now I am just trying to figure out which files I absolutely need to put on the new card so I can put it back in and run my tablet.

I am getting pics too. :)

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
This blog piece and other websites confirmed why Fly Touch 3 has Adobe Flash Player 10.1 support now. Hopefully Adobe and the manufacturer can fix the issue fast enough. I guess those people with 1st generation of Droid phones can all have Adobe Flash Play 10.1 support if the device maker or individual developer decided to do it.

http://androidandme.com/2010/08/news...arm11-devices/

Previously we believed that Flash Player 10.1 would require a top of the line mobile processor, but new information suggest it could make an appearance on some mainstream devices.

Back in February we reported that Flash 10.1 would not work on first-generation Android phones because it needed at least an ARM Cortex-A8 CPU or greater. However, at Adobe’s Android summit the company revealed Flash 10.1 would have a greater reach as the minimum requirements included ARM11 processors.

As many of you know, ARM11 is the same architecture used in the G1 and other early Android phones, but those devices will most likely not support Flash 10.1. Instead we will see newer devices with higher-clocked ARM11 CPUs and more memory that will be able to run Flash.

So which phones exactly will work with Flash Player 10.1 and which ones will not? To help clear up the confusion, Adobe will create a web site that will list which devices are supported.

To date, the phones which have been confirmed to support Flash 10.1 include the Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, Galaxy S, Nexus One, HTC Desire, HTC EVO, and Droid Incredible. All of these phones include Cortex-A8-based CPUs, so the current crop of ARM11 phones might not be powerful enough.

If your current phone is not listed above, then I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting on Flash 10.1. It’s still possible some newer ARM11 phones like the myTouch Slide might eventually see it, but if you want to guarantee access to Flash 10.1 then look for a 1 Ghz phone running Android 2.2.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
"""""""""""I took my tablet apart and removed tje internal tf card. Now I am trying to move all of the info to a larger card and then put it in the tablet. """"""""""""""""

I did not do it before. However that TF card is where the ROM is. Just put another TF card in and install it with the new firmware just like before. That should do it. If not working out, just remove the new one and replace it with the old one. You really do not have to deal with "Copy and backup ........." on the old one at all. If working right, just copy your Titanium backup copy to a microSD card to restore.

That is my humble opinion. Any comment from firmware guru?

Last edited:

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
I'd be happy with a working youtube.apk. Have you tried any of these milkdrop? anyone?
I have tried:
market youtube.apk 2.0.26
market youtube.apk 2.1.6

Tried VideoBox, but wasnt very happy with it.
Prefer something that integrates with the browser.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
It will not work till they fix the flash player issue. Download tubemate from the market. Then use it to search or download youtube video. Make sure to download skyfire as well. You will be happier.

FROM FLY TOUCH 3

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I did not do it before. However that TF card is where the ROM is. Just put another TF card in and install it with the new firmware just like before. That should do it. If not working out, just remove the new one and replace it with the old one. You really do not have to deal with "Copy and backup ........." on the old one at all. If working right, just copy your Titanium backup copy to a microSD card to restore.

That is my humble opinion. Any comment from firmware guru?

I finally figured all of this out and have started a new thread with how I finally got the 16 GB microSD card installed. It wasn't the quickest thing I have ever tried to accomplish and I spent more time consulting the Oracle at Google today than anyone else on the planet. But I don't feel so bad since I figured it out on my own.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
I tested miniHDMI to LCD TV's HDMI port with my Belkin cable.

It turned out that all video (be it flash and other supported video formats) playing app using Youtube app, I.E. Tubemate, Vevo and even the built in Video Player can play on LCD TV by hitting "menu" button to switch to LCD Screen. Sometimes a full screen like 1080x 600, other times 480 x 320. It depends on the original video format.

However that is about all you can do on the HDMI cable side. I can not play music player or music alone on LCD TV nor can I play picture files (jpg) on LCD TV.

Basically it is for video playing only as long as the video formats are supported by the device.

nonospel

May 8, 2011
Hi,

I have a SuperPad II
Model numer: SAWEE Pad
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1 v2.2:#3245
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
(I removed the information from the device)

What could I do upgrade to get the menu translated into Portuguese?

Thanks

Sorry my English. Google Translation =)

Last edited:

rpires

Apr 23, 2011
Hi there,

Hi have the same problem... Please Helps us on this subject!!!

Regards

Hi,

I have a SuperPad II
Model numer: SAWEE Pad
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1 v2.2:#3245
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
(I removed the information from the device)

What could I do upgrade to get the menu translated into Portuguese?

Thanks

Sorry my English. Google Translation =)

molladislav

Jul 18, 2011
Hi, I just bought 2 weeks ago a Flytouch 3, Model No.: DISCO10, Android: 2.2-20110529, Kernel: 2.6.329, Build No.: FRF85B.

Connection to the internet through WIFI router works just fine, however, in the next door room I cannot get the signal of my router.

I experienced a bizarr thing I just cannot connect to the internet through the ethernet card, inspite of the fact that the card can be switched on/off through software. I tried to connect the internet through the ethernet card automatically and/or by hand typing in all IP, Mask, DNS, etc. data, but no matter which method I am using it fails to connect to the internet. I even contacted the seller, who sent me a link to download an upgrade:
swoopshare - Download flytouch 3 4GB.rar.

I downloaded the upgrade and upgraded the SuperPad, but there was no change in the connectivity.
Now I have: Model No. DISCO, Android vers.: 2.2-20110325, Kernel: 2.6.32.9, Build no.: FRF85B

It just does not make it. Anyone could help me.