[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
Just one thing re this new firmware. If you find like me that the home screen,widgets are slow to appear on startup.
If you set the screen timeout to "always on" this will fix it. Some sort of timer clash.???

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Yeah I noticed that to
Got my tablet backup and running:)
And while I was doen this. I discovered some things

The file system is a read only so its denying a lot of user permissions and not letting us play and I might of found away around that.

Dutch Paul

Jan 10, 2011
Greatings to all readers,
Run the update 3245 procedure several times. Run WinHex under Window7 as admin. SD card looks O.K. original 8GB now 700Mb after Quick Format to Fat32.
Extract the Android folder and copy past to the SDcard.
Insert SD card in Tablet and power on, result: normal boot
Question:What format must the extracted files have in the android folder. Now its wordpath and a IMG type.

Regards, Paul

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Greatings to all readers,
Run the update 3245 procedure several times. Run WinHex under Window7 as admin. SD card looks O.K. original 8GB now 700Mb after Quick Format to Fat32.
Extract the Android folder and copy past to the SDcard.
Insert SD card in Tablet and power on, result: normal boot
Question:What format must the extracted files have in the android folder. Now its wordpath and a IMG type.

Regards, Paul

Hmm well if ur tablet is booting normal than ur sd card isn't properly partitioned, even witthout anything on it. It will try to boot from sd. Make sure ur putting the card in the first sd card slot as well. Furthest from the power plug. And put the android folder on the sdcard, all the files inside the folder should be .img and 1 unkown file.

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
Paul,

Make sure the files are still in the "android" folder even on your SD card and not in the root folder/directory. Actually, I place them in both locations for good measure.

Dutch Paul

Jan 10, 2011
Thanks for a quick response,

I put the SD Card in the first slot.
Yes the files are still in de android folder, I can even see them on my tablet (ramdisk.img/system.img/uImage/userdata.img and zSYS.img).
Problem is I need my 3G Network to work so need this update cause my current firmware is 1561 and does not work with my USB Modem e1750

Regards, Paul

LAST INFO HAPPY HAPPY It works.
After xx times reading through all Threads again and again NR.70 gave the solution. All the time I did not see my removable physical.
After refreshing found it, used it and YES.

Thanks to all of you, now I start playing with my Huawei e1750

Last edited:

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
Sounds like you need to do the winhex step again m8
Thanks for a quick respons,

Yes the files are still in de android folder, I can even see them on my tablet (ramdisk.img/system.img/uImage/userdata.img and zSYS.img).
Problem is I need my 3G Network to work so need this update cause my current firmware is 1561 and does not work with my USB Moden e1750

Regards, Paul

Trig

Mar 5, 2011
Everything about 3245 seems good so far so more thanks to rgocal, just a few things I need to sort out, has anyone any idea why I'm not seeing the new Firefox release in the market? What's the best way to get Dolphin to update? And finally is there ever going to be a 2.2 or 2.3 firmware or are we restricted by hardware limitations?

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
Everything about 3245 seems good so far so more thanks to rgocal, just a few things I need to sort out, has anyone any idea why I'm not seeing the new Firefox release in the market? What's the best way to get Dolphin to update? And finally is there ever going to be a 2.2 or 2.3 firmware or are we restricted by hardware limitations?

To update Dolphin, you'll need to properly uninstall it as a system app and reinstall as a user app.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
To update Dolphin, you'll need to properly uninstall it as a system app and reinstall as a user app.

By doing that you boot up absolute system from my goodies folder and select applications and find dolphin hd browser and unistall it then go reinstall from market. U won't be able to install the hd version because this firmware disabled high rendering graphics. (Working on renabling)
As far as firefox, its probably for a higher android os which isn't capadible with our tablet yet.
As for 2.2, its only seen limited and experimental builds and I havnt been able to get one working yet. And if I did, id rebuild it to be as good as this one.
As for 2.3. You'll nvr see it come to the ftii. 2.3 is obsolete already anyways, because icecream (2.4) is a remake of it and those builds are only meant for dual core cpu devices such as the sony ericsson and thunderbolt android devices.

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
By doing that you boot up absolute system from my goodies folder and select applications and find dolphin hd browser and unistall it then go reinstall from market. U won't be able to install the hd version because this firmware disabled high rendering graphics.

Are you sure? I have Dolphin HD installed and (from what I see on my tablet), everything appears to be rendering in HD as before.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Are you sure? I have Dolphin HD installed and (from what I see on my tablet), everything appears to be rendering in HD as before.

O.0 and here were we question...does our tablets have the same hardware in them. Lucky is all I gotta say

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Thanks for a quick response,

Problem is I need my 3G Network to work so need this update cause my current firmware is 1561 and does not work with my USB Modem e1750

Regards, Paul

LAST INFO HAPPY HAPPY It works.
After xx times reading through all Threads again and again NR.70 gave the solution. All the time I did not see my removable physical.
After refreshing found it, used it and YES.

Thanks to all of you, now I start playing with my Huawei e1750

Quick response is an always in this post. I'm always checking on my phone but doesn't always mean I get to thee answer first:)
thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.