[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbarnes

Mar 8, 2011
??? What did you do here??? There are to links in my post to download to do the update. And u can't really brick your tablet doen this sooo chillax. U may have erased it but not a brick. The android folder is thee update files u need after you do winhex. Each folder is a seperate download. Read the instructions slooooowly and do one step at a time.

This goes for everyone

Like I said before. This update is for intermediate and expert android users only. Ik haveing the latest and coolest firmware is like a fad right now but if you don't know if you can do it. I caution that you don't and wait. Read up on things. Study how android works first. Learn how it operates. Google x86 android and get urself a cd for your laptop or for virtual machine so u can play with out breaking stuff. Its fun but you easily screw up. This ain't no windows, ubuntu, snow leopard, ios, windows ce. This is an advance os that is growing fast and may become the most advance os there is. Its capabilities with a laptop is extrodinary, it has so much hardware to play with it don't know how to react. I installed android on my laptop once and when I installed apps and unistalled. Was a half second process.

Okey then back to ftii

I was playen today but gtn kinda frustrated with the market. Couldn't use the one off my phone since it was a 2.2 version so I'll be playen somemore tonight. Try app brain or slideme if the android market is messing with you lately. I did howevor get a2sd working on my ftii so when I do a firmware update. All my apps will still be there waitn for me untill I get root that is. That was kinda iffy and I can only have on sd card in now but ohwell. My widgets arnt working correctly now so I'll investigate in that tonight to.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Thanks but no thanks, read it and read it THREE times. I guess I don't have the security clearance that you guys do. Way out of my league here. Thought I could figure it out. The directions indicate (according to my understanding), is that you run winhex and clone the disc, exit winhex, format disc to 700 Mb (getting 705 Mb), download created folder minus winhex, pdf, aben.start sector.001 and jpg and add this folder to boot disc. The instructions in the forum said to not add the android.rar file to the sd card. Am I reading something wrong or is my pad defective?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Thanks but no thanks, read it and read it THREE times. I guess I don't have the security clearance that you guys do. Way out of my league here. Thought I could figure it out. The directions indicate (according to my understanding), is that you run winhex and clone the disc, exit winhex, format disc to 700 Mb (getting 705 Mb), download created folder minus winhex, pdf, aben.start sector.001 and jpg and add this folder to boot disc. The instructions in the forum said to not add the android.rar file to the sd card. Am I reading something wrong or is my pad defective?

The instructions did not say (do not android.rar) the instructions said add the folder from the android.rar to the sd card. But with nothing on the card it will try to boot off of it if it was partitioned the right way.

dbarnes

Mar 8, 2011
The instructions did not say (do not android.rar) the instructions said add the folder from the android.rar to the sd card. But with nothing on the card it will try to boot off of it if it was partitioned the right way.

Thanks for the clarification. Did that, still no boot from the card. Do I need to restore to previous software (1561) or will it boot from the update. Because I'm getting nothing farther than the green screen. The card will only format to 705Mb.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I'm gtn more frustrated than u probably lol. 705mb is correct. It doesn't matter what update u r on or whether ur rooted or not. U might have a bad sd card reader if it ain't doen anything but that's last asumptions

gschmitz

Mar 15, 2011
dear rgocal,
this is definately the best firmware i ever used for my Flypad II.
I am using it since 4 Month now and had 8 different Firmwares.
It was absolutely easy to follow your professional installation instructions.
Good Job mate....

The only thing i am missing is the possibillity to mount cifs shares.
I already tried serching for cifs.ko to implement but all i found wasnt working.

Any Idea from your side ?

regards
Guido

gschmitz

Mar 15, 2011
Hello rgocal,
any news on this topic ?
After setting up this wonderful firmware i noticed that the market is also not showing payable apps ?

any idea......

Have a good one.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Hello rgocal,
any news on this topic ?
After setting up this wonderful firmware i noticed that the market is also not showing payable apps ?

any idea......

Have a good one.

Great questions and we r already tryn to get a way around that. I'm also trying to use this firmware to create my own that the community can help support but that's bringing me to some hold ups as well.

I have noticed a lot of security in this firmware and I believe its blocking the payable apps or a missing lib file. The android market place via the web might or possibly just hang in a bit more untill amazon releases their market place. I work a 3rd shift job, go to college in the morning, and have a 3 month son so android time is my time and I hardly get any lol but I deffenitely am working to help everyone with any time I got.

We are working as community to make this tablet more than its meant for. There's potential in this tablet but it needs released.

Dutch Paul

Jan 10, 2011
To: RGOCAL,
After the firmware update I have two problems. One: Opening the Market app. I get the massage "A network error has occurred" I do have a good working Wi-Fi network.
Two: I had hoped my 3G Network will work, after inserting my USB modem (huawei e1750) it starts blinking -green- it asks to enter PIN code, 0000 (works on my desktop so is correct) switches from green blinking to blue blinking so knows its a 3G but comes in a loop with "Incorrect PIN code" any idea??

Regards, Paul

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Wifi just works fine for us, might be ur tablet so if u havnt done much with it, I would recomend reflashing or going into recovery and clear the cache.

As far as ur 3g modem. I'm not familiar with them. I use a 3g modem but its a 5hotspot from verizon. My tablet connects perfectly and doesn't lose connection.

Probably useless information :/ again 3g modems I am not familiar with.

dbarnes

Mar 8, 2011
I'm gtn more frustrated than u probably lol. 705mb is correct. It doesn't matter what update u r on or whether ur rooted or not. U might have a bad sd card reader if it ain't doen anything but that's last asumptions

Good looking out, I'll try another card reader and keep you posted. Also tried the hard reset and getting an E: unable to read sd card error. Any ideas?

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
could be some incompatability with the card.
Having said that i used a cheap 2gig card and had no problem

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Being silent lately. Must be everythings runnin fine.

I would like everyone to start given me a heads up on what is not needed in my goods folder so I can shrink it down abit for faster downloading. If not I'll be doing the subtracting myself.

Have a good one

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
I have downloaded Flytouch2 Generation1 Update 3245
Now I am on the verge of trying to clone my SD MicroCard of
4 GB Fat32 format totally blank.
I followed all the instructions mentioned under link
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/gome-flytouch-ii-firmware/9833-flytouch-2-generation-1-update-3245-a.html
I have managed to reach the Clone Disk (Copy sectors) panel from (Winhex) which reads as follows:
Source raw image file : Desktop/FtiiRecovery Tool Folder/aben.startsector.001
Destination Raw Image file: H:\BA2.001
Copy entire Raw Image File :Selected
Start sector (Source) : 0
(Destination) : 0
Number of Sectors to copy : 16065
Avoid damaged areas 32 :Not selected

Despite all these the OK sign not in Bold status ..
Therefore I cannot start up the cloning procedure.
The SD CARD Is hooked in to the Adapter which is hooked
to a USB 2 Card Reader.
Need your valuable assistance to proceed.
Thanks a lot.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I have downloaded Flytouch2 Generation1 Update 3245
Now I am on the verge of trying to clone my SD MicroCard of
4 GB Fat32 format totally blank.
I followed all the instructions mentioned under link
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/gome-flytouch-ii-firmware/9833-flytouch-2-generation-1-update-3245-a.html
I have managed to reach the Clone Disk (Copy sectors) panel from (Winhex) which reads as follows:
Source raw image file : Desktop/FtiiRecovery Tool Folder/aben.startsector.001
Destination Raw Image file: H:\BA2.001
Copy entire Raw Image File :Selected
Start sector (Source) : 0
(Destination) : 0
Number of Sectors to copy : 16065
Avoid damaged areas 32 :Not selected

Despite all these the OK sign not in Bold status ..
Therefore I cannot start up the cloning procedure.
The SD CARD Is hooked in to the Adapter which is hooked
to a USB 2 Card Reader.
Need your valuable assistance to proceed.
Thanks a lot.

I'm preeety sure your destination is suppose to read nothing and be pointed to your sd card. Double check were everything is pointed. And source starts at 0

Status
Not open for further replies.