[WIP] Volcano - Honeycomb 3.0 for Coby Kyros x024

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Edit: There's some way to use usb on hoost mode ?

I don't think so. Not yet.

I have ICS on my tablet right now so I can't check.
Still trying to get the touchscreen to work.

And the red flash can be disabled by going to Dev Tools > Development Settings > StrictMode visual indicator - Set to OFF and reboot. We'll make it disabled by default eventually.

Thanks for confirming it works on the 8024

Last edited:

prog19

Dec 26, 2011
Steev, do you think ICS will be portable on both 8024 and 7024 (like the volcano HC), or the projects will have to be made separately ?

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
I believe it will work on both.

We really hope so. Even if ICS is a OS developed for multitouch and no buttons, it would be badass that you can port the drivers from the 7/8/024 series to ICS. If you need testers i can offer my help :D

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Installed and try, great work wifi on reboot does not connect automatically on mine, and I guest flash video will work soon (youtube sound ok but no video). Do we still hope for more on this volcano or everyone will concentrate on ICS? thanks also Titanic says no root access !!!

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Very good news! Hmmm... should I give a try on my 1024 or is very known that will even work.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Very good news! Hmmm... should I give a try on my 1024 or is very known that will even work.

Touch screen probably won't work unless you add the utmodules from lfom's ROM.
lfom has agreed to help so there's a good chance you'll get this on the 1024 soon.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
We really hope so. Even if ICS is a OS developed for multitouch and no buttons, it would be badass that you can port the drivers from the 7/8/024 series to ICS. If you need testers i can offer my help :D

Great! Thanks

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Installed and try, great work wifi on reboot does not connect automatically on mine, and I guest flash video will work soon (youtube sound ok but no video). Do we still hope for more on this volcano or everyone will concentrate on ICS? thanks also Titanic says no root access !!!

We plan on finishing both.
Yeah this ROM is not rooted yet.

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Just installed the HC Beta 5 ROM, my god it boots really fast, gonna test it and report back any bugs I find, thanks steev and everyone on the dev team.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Just installed the HC Beta 5 ROM, my god it boots really fast, gonna test it and report back any bugs I find, thanks steev and everyone on the dev team.

We had to move /system to the internal sd because the 128MB NAND was too small.
I think that sped up the boot a bit. I'd like someone with a class 10 internal sd to try :)

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
We had to move /system to the internal sd because the 128MB NAND was too small.
I think that sped up the boot a bit. I'd like someone with a class 10 internal sd to try :)

With a class 10 this thing is gonna fly!

Hey steev once i rebooted the system my extsd wasn't mounted automagically, i had to ejected it and inserted it again.

Last edited:

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
to all great work very fast boot, battery life very good, the browser is very good, the email apps very good, one thing for me so far the pop menu with the clock on the notification will pop-up the menu both can not roll up or down. Like said before no access to extsd unless ejecting it and re-inserting it. and I guest video and microphone. did not try apps so far I'm to impress with what I see (browsing the internet and reading email xD) know really need the video to get the hockey games (go caps go xD) thanks guys keep the good work.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
wifi tested shutdown the tablet with wifi on than restart the tablet the wifi is connecting and the access to the internet is ok, but going to sleep mode than back again the wifi says that you are connected but I do not have internet access. someone can try this if not discovered yet. if the wifi is turn off than on again than the access to internet is ok.

Last edited:

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
wifi tested shutdown the tablet with wifi on than restart the tablet the wifi is connecting and the access to the internet is ok, but going to sleep mode than back again the wifi says that you are connected but I do not have internet access. someone can try this if not discovered yet. if turn off than on again than the access to internet is ok.

I was testing it last night and i put it to sleep and resume afterwards and the wifi was working with no problems here.

EDIT:

I tested again and in fact the WIFI is not working after going to sleep mode, that's really weird cuz I did the same last night and the internet was still working.

Last edited: