[ROM] joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable - (Android 2.2.2)

t.c

Feb 2, 2011
no access? you realize this pushes /data to the internal sd ext4 partition? did you do a df to see where the storage went?

/data 164M 87M used 77M available clearly missing the 2G external ext4 partition, if the ROM is based on the use of the model with the internal SD card than this was not clear as the previous A2SD worked fine on the ext. SD only model. CMW gives the option for internal or external SD but doesn't appear to work

s7droid

Aug 28, 2011
Hey,

So i am really new to all of this, i actually only bought my s7 2 days ago and within 2hrs of fully charging it i was flashing the indo 2.2.2... my question is;

I flashed it to the Indonesian 2.2.2 which says it overclocks it to 998mhz but setcpu is only showing 768mhz max, so can someone explain to me what i have to do. As i said i am very new so please please help me, btw i am absolutely loving this S7...

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
if you actually did the indo 2.2.2 setcpu would say 998 as maximum.

-- ask joe i didn't write the data2 scripts so i assume they are based on the best buy model but it says he changed to the south african model so that might be (same/different)? dunno i live in the usa. we have the 8gb internal dual camera gsm/3g models (resistive single touch).

this maps internal sd as ext4 to /data - apps2sd is more like a script that moves a program location - can even do it using links i forget. totally different concept- the apps2sd designer even said you can use both if the rom developer sets things up.

the problem here is the assumption of model features.

t.c

Feb 2, 2011

-- ask joe i didn't write the data2 scripts so i assume they are based on the best buy model but it says he changed to the south african model so that might be (same/different)? dunno i live in the usa. we have the 8gb internal dual camera gsm/3g models (resistive single touch).

this maps internal sd as ext4 to /data - apps2sd is more like a script that moves a program location - can even do it using links i forget. totally different concept- the apps2sd designer even said you can use both if the rom developer sets things up.

Wouldn't the data2ext4 just check for the partition on an SD card(irrespective on internal or external, just the first one it finds) rather than hardcoding it's location? This would have overcome this problem surely(don't know enough about android). I've seen this problem on my SGS where older apps only see the first SD card.

s7droid

Aug 28, 2011

I went settings>about tablet here is what it says,

Android Version 2.2.2
Baseband version 504030
Kernel version 2.6.32.9-ideos
Build number S7V100R001C98B021

Any ideas?

blade111

Jan 14, 2011
Ive rooted my s7 before but it has been awhile. I just installed a fresh new Indi 2.2.2 on my s7. When using superoneclick like I did before in the past and worked is now getting to step 4 saying,
(Rooting device... - Step #4
startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex
FAILED
)

Any Ideas, thanks

Android 2.2.2
build #S7V100R001C98B021
KERNEL: 2.6.32.9-iDEOS

s7droid

Aug 28, 2011
I went settings>about tablet here is what it says,

Android Version 2.2.2
Baseband version 504030
Kernel version 2.6.32.9-ideos
Build number S7V100R001C98B021

Any ideas?

Does anyone know why i am still only on 768mhz?

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
wich one from the 3 links is the best one?

how well does this work with the Huawei Ideos S7-105 model?

Thanks

blade111

Jan 14, 2011
I went into settings/about tablet/ here is what it says:

Version 2.2.2
Baseband version 504030
Kernel version: unavailable
Build Number: Ideos S7 Froyo v1.3-EXT4-SA by Joenilan

Is the kernel suppose to be showing as unavailable??? What should I do?

magno23

Aug 22, 2011
I went into settings/about tablet/ here is what it says:

Version 2.2.2
Baseband version 504030
Kernel version: unavailable
Build Number: Ideos S7 Froyo v1.3-EXT4-SA by Joenilan

Is the kernel suppose to be showing as unavailable??? What should I do?
yes... the kernel shows as unavailable because is a modified kernel

FirstSoul

Sep 6, 2011
How do i install this?! Is there a Turorial? Why are all Android Boards so unusable with no tutorials? Or is it so simple?

Buy a S7, update it to 2.2.2 indonesia, Unzip the ROM, run upgrade.cmd, follow the instructions, have fun?!

Works this on the Slim Model?!

Oh and is there german language in it?!

Last edited:

nightchild79

Jun 30, 2011
OUTDATED:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MUST FLASH INDONESIAN 2.2.2 UPDATE FIRST! (ON FOR ANDROID 2.1 USERS)

Download: Froyo Android 2.2.2 Indonesian Update
Mirror: Download
Instructions: HERE!

then you flash this!

Clockwork Mod 2.5.1.8
Instructions: Instructions
Download: Download

CWM 2.5.1.8 Auto Install Script - by xaueious
If you are having trouble with clockwork mod install. just run this, if your on windows, and follow instructions.

Installation Instructions:
Flash First!
Located here: Froyo Android 2.2.2 Indonesian Updata

then you flash this!
New Recovery: CWM 2.5.1.8 by goodoane

1. Copy Ideos S7 Froyo[/B] v1.0 Stable[/URL] to INTERNAL sd card
75px-Toilet_Paper-icon.png

2. Wipe/Data Factory Reset
3. flash with Clockworkmod

ROM REBOOTS AFTER FIRST BOOT

Apps2sd Instructions
- Ext Partition MUST be on the internal SD card formatted as ext4 as a primary partition after your fat32 partition. Use easeus partition manager.

- Some apps & games like Angry Birds or Pocket Legends install to the sd card right from the market,
this bypasses the roms a2sd and uses froyo's which we all know eventually fills up space.

So what you have to do is:
Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>SD card
Move all listed back to tablet. Reboot.

Anleitung ist im ersten Post, Ist eigendlich nicht schwer und mit Google Translator auch noch gut verständlich.
Ob sie mit dem Slim Läuft kann ich jetzt nicht sagen, ich habe das SmaKit S7-101. Meiner meinung nach ist es die beste Rom für das Pad.
Sprachen sind so fast alle gängigen mit drin, von Android aus. Natürlich auch in Deutsch und jederzeit in den Einstellungen änderbar.

lg

Manual is on the first Post.
I dont no, if is work on Slim Models, i have a S7-101.
I mean, this is the best rom for this Pad.
Language is aviable in German, go to settings and Change your Lang.
cu

Last edited: