Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Version 0.3 released

-Upgraded Google apps to 20110828
-Upgraded Superuser to v3.0.6
-LCD density back to 160 because the new Market likes this
-Installer rewritten:
* Now has a cool spinning progress indicator
* Supports installation from internal or external sd (extsd preferred)
* Uses statically compiled tune2fs to enable writeback mode
* Ext4 reserved blocks reduced to 1% for non-root partitions (more free space on /data partition)
* rootfs now on internal SD instead of NAND
-Added Script Manager app (script launcher/file explorer)
* Included script: build_prop_chooser.sh (Thanks lfom for putting together the 3 build.prop files)
-logo.bmp by sunset0202 now used by default
-998 MHz u-boot.bin now used by default for stability and battery life
-Included a better LCD density changer app (LCD Resolution)
-Fixed "Voice Input and Output" in settings menu (Thanks tufkal)

Torpille

Nov 15, 2011
Hi all! I am French. I just login to say a huge thank you. I have a tablet MPMAN MP724. Unable to put the market, not to anything. Being very disappointed, i started to look hard for upgrades and I came across this thread.
I read somewhere that my tablet is exactly the mid7024 and having read everything on this forum then I started. This tablet is also identical to MEMUP SlidePAD and other MPMAN the XX24 series.

Bingo it works! Very even. For now I have not found anything that does not work. It is very reactive and very pleasant.

Thank you again for this excellent work.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
@Torpille: Cool, glad it works for you.

@lfom:
I just had an idea. Instead of modding u-boot.bin for SD rootfs we could just mount mmcblk0p4 on /system

Something like this in init.rc should do it:
Code:
mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /system

Wish I had done that in the first place.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@lfom:
I just had an idea. Instead of modding u-boot.bin for SD rootfs we could just mount mmcblk0p4 on /system

Something like this in init.rc should do it:
Code:
mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /system

Wish I had done that in the first place.

Hmmm, this should work, but then some files and folders would still be in NAND, like init.rc, /proc, /dec, etc, right? I prefer a full rootfs in SD in order to save NAND as much as possible.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Yes some files needed to boot will be stored on the NAND, but in total they are only about 204 KB.

Most of the rootfs is in /system

/etc is a shortcut to /system/etc
/dev /proc and /sys are special filesystems stored in RAM

I'm trying this now.

It works but somewhere in the boot /system gets remounted read-only.
This causes issues like wifi settings not being persistent across boots. Shouldn't be hard to fix.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I had an issue with ES File Explorer with root access mounting / as ro. To fix this, I would go to Terminal and use:
Code:
mount -o rw,remount /

Kilimanyaru

Oct 19, 2011
Hi men. Thanks for the new version!

On this new 0.3 version, is the font small that in the 0.2 version right? How can i does it biggest? Honestly i prefer the size of the font like in the 0.2 version. Thanks!

Kilimanyaru

Oct 19, 2011
Just joined to say thanks on the firmware. It make the 7024 works great and support Skype video call without any hacking.

The only problem I have is that the picture and video taking by the camera is always as "mirror" image. I did not notice it until my sister told me over the skype video call.
However, the preview look fine. You can test it by using the camera apps to take a picture. The picture will be mirror image of the preview. I don't think there is problem with stock firmware.

In addition, I have two 2G Kingston microSD, one made in Japan and one made in Taiwan. I can only flash the ROM using the one from Japan. It keeps telling me no SD card if I use the one made in Taiwan.

KK :)

I have the same problem with the camera and skype too.... :roll:
How we fixes it?

brunnomaceno

Oct 14, 2011
There is any way to go to stock theme when u are in the honeycomb one? I am at honeycomb but i want to go to stock without flashing it again. Any solution?

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

Kilimanyaru

Oct 19, 2011
Is there anyway to downgrade the market to the version of your CFW 0.2? In the version 3.3.11 apps like skype, flash player 11, inotia 3, ebay can not be downloaded... the market said "your dispositive is not compatible with this app " ... with the market version in your 0.2 release we was able to download all these apps.

Please help.

Enviado desde mi GT-P1000 usando Android Tablet Forum

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Is there anyway to downgrade the market to the version of your CFW 0.2? In the version 3.3.11 apps like skype, flash player 11, inotia 3, ebay can not be downloaded... the market said "your dispositive is not compatible with this app " ... with the market version in your 0.2 release we was able to download all these apps.

Please help.

Enviado desde mi GT-P1000 usando Android Tablet Forum

Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Market and click "Clear data"

Then temporarily set your LCD resolution to 160 and launch the Market once.

After that the apps should be compatible and you can go back to your preferred LCD resolution

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011

That's because you have increased LCD density to 200. Set it back to 160 or whatever it was and it should work... Before you do, go to Settings -> Applications and clear Market's data, then change LCD density, reboot and open Market again.