CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

salty72

Sep 26, 2011

I tested both firmwares again to determine when the sync stops working.
For the AllDro2 firmware, it stops working in less than 6 hours.
For the Tsunami firmware, it stops working between 27 and 33 hours in my first test. Within a day, the sync works perfectly (manually too).
I will try the 0.2 version of the Tsunami once Steev releases it.

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Hi there.

Ammmm there's an issue with the 0.3 version of tha firmware, i guess. I use the dolphin browser, its better even than the skyfire, excepting the downloads (sorry about that spam xD). After using it some days, it starts to send the certificate message, you know "unknown certificate". Dont know if thats a known issue and if someone else is having it, but is anyoning, in ALL sites it appears. same thing with the browser, the skyfire. As you know, i cant connect the market nor sending e-mails cuz the connection to servers its not secured. So, i dont know whats going on. when i reflashed the problem got solved, but the history repeated. any ideas?

axl

Nov 29, 2011
Well i must admit a few days ago i didn't even owned a tablet then i started reading this thread, imm kind of addicted to tech and modding and stuff, i was so impressed with the looks of the interface and comment, i went online and bought 2 kyros 7024..!! i already succesfully installed the rom on both!! first tablet firs mo on then and first post here too!! noobing around.. hahaha.. So the thing is one of the 7024 had an accident on the delivery and came with a broken screen replacement is on the way from china but im pretty far away so i'll be getting it in 30 days or something like that. What i'm interested is knowing is there any way i can mod something in the rom to enable usb host mode as default instead of device mode?? since i cant even unlock screen to activate it.. but i can access to usb host mode i could use an usb mouse.

Thanks to all the people doing the hard wok around here, i'll be joining to develop as soon as i get the hang of everything. And thanks steev for the rom seen Tsunami mod too and looks like a good job too. keep it up.. Thank an hello.

Axl
Kyros 7024 - CFW 7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
que tal axl, ni idea como hiciste para conseguir la pantalla pana xD

Im gonna write in english. you gotta activate the power switch in the widget (the one where you activate wifi and stuff) is the one with the computer and a port, i guess is beside the sync button. hope it helps :D

axl

Nov 29, 2011
Thanks Kiserian the thing is i cant access none of the menus inside the OS i can even unlock the screen what im trying to do is mod the rom so it starts as default on host mode, any help will be appreciated. Getting the screen is not difficult at all, any 4 wire resistive on amazon will do, i found the just after i ordered so.. just be sure the cable is located on the bottom or right bottom, i suggest 163 x 97 mm so you dont have to mod the case.

moyob83

Nov 30, 2011
Thanks for the rom, I have an issue though. After loading this rom I am having problems with my internet. The tablet shows that it is connected to the wireless network, but when I open the browser, the pages are not loading. How do I fix this?

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Thanks for the rom, I have an issue though. After loading this rom I am having problems with my internet. The tablet shows that it is connected to the wireless network, but when I open the browser, the pages are not loading. How do I fix this?

Explain a bit more your issue mate :S' it could be a network problem

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Thanks Kiserian the thing is i cant access none of the menus inside the OS i can even unlock the screen what im trying to do is mod the rom so it starts as default on host mode, any help will be appreciated. Getting the screen is not difficult at all, any 4 wire resistive on amazon will do, i found the just after i ordered so.. just be sure the cable is located on the bottom or right bottom, i suggest 163 x 97 mm so you dont have to mod the case.

Did you tried to edit the init_sdmkv.rc file? Im not sure if that will work i cant try it now, but may be it will work.you should google it or ask it to steev o flxmrs, o lfom, those dudes are cracks with the android :D

moyob83

Nov 30, 2011
Explain a bit more your issue mate :S' it could be a network problem

It is a network problem. I tried connecting to the internet using another wireless network and it worked just fine. So I figure I need to change my network settings. Thanks much.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Thanks for responding. I am able to connect to the wireless network just fine, i.e. I can see the wireless icon at the bottom showing that I am connected with full bars, and if I go to the wireless settings, it shows that my device is connected to my wireless network.

The problem is when I open my browser, and try to access any webpage, they wont load. I keep getting the error "Web page not available ..." I can't access the market either or anything that needs to communicate with the internet.

All my other devices connected to the internet just fine.

Do you have Terminal Emulator or adb installed? If yes, use the command below and copy the results here:
Code:
getprop | grep net.tcp

Then, look for lines like the one below in your build.prop:
Code:
net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

And comment them so they will be ignored (add a "#" in the beginning of all lines starting with net.tcp.buffersize):
Code:
#net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

I was using this optimization in my build.prop but it seems that they affect WiFi reliability and even break WiFi in some cases, so I am using the default values now (they are set in init.rc).

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@steev question for you: it seems that using App2SD does decrease boot time, but if you remove external microSD it also unmounts /mnt/asec where the apks are store although the files are actually stored in the internal SD as far as I know. I have searched high and low and couldn't add a system mod to prevent this. Any ideas?

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
@steev question for you: it seems that using App2SD does decrease boot time, but if you remove external microSD it also unmounts /mnt/asec where the apks are store although the files are actually stored in the internal SD as far as I know. I have searched high and low and couldn't add a system mod to prevent this. Any ideas?

This might work.

In init.rc right after the line that mounts /mnt/asec, try adding:
Code:
mkdir /mnt/asec/.keep_busy
mount tmpfs tmpfs /mnt/asec/.keep_busy size=0m

Should keep /mnt/asec busy so it can't be unmounted.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@steev: nope, didn't work. using mount I see that tmpfs is already mounted in /mnt/asec, but it still breaks apps moved to SD if I unmount extsd. :(

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Hi steev anything time frame for the new release of the alldro2 rom and are you going to post here !!!

1.0 is released now.

ChangeLog
-Upgraded Superuser to v3.0.7
-Upgraded busybox to v1.20.0.git
-New boot animation by Sunset0202
-New Honeycomb UI by Symbean
-Contacts.apk added
-/vendor is now it's own filesystem
-Moved some extra apps to /vendor
-Now using ut_tscal.apk version from Coby OFW
-NTFS support
-PS3 gamepad support