CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
@steev - this is a great rom; thank you very much for you and others hard work to put this together. Put this on my 7024 tonight and with android market and everything one would need, this is just awesome.

The battery life on this is superb; started at 93% and after watching video, wlan on the whole time, I've been running for about the last hour and a half it's at 63% currently. Last night on the default rom, I was already plugging it in because the battery was low.

If I had to restore the default ROM (warranty work, etc), is there anything special I need to do to accomplish this? Thanks..

Fennesz

Dec 2, 2011
@steev, very nice ROM, WiFi, market, video calls via Skype works perfectly, but there is some thing that bother me - inaccurate screen calibration in portrait mode on my 7024 - (I've been trying dozen times, but the result is not perfect ) - bottom part of the screen is shifted for a size of a bottom used in pre-installed keyboard. (In stock ROM it worked correctly). BTW, I found workaround - I rotate device for 180 angles, then only upper part is unaligned. Again any other things seems to be perfect. Do you have any idea how to fix that?

And I'm using Honeycomb theme

Last edited:

sunset0202

Aug 10, 2011
@steeve
Once again, proof of your great knowledge, dedication and patience... Thank you again for your efforts in preparing those 'gifts' for us. And congrats to all of you who collaborate for the good results. Nothing to complain about. My Kyros's so much better than it was when I first got it that one would say it´s just another tablet.

To those who like it, I leave another cent: a new bootanimation, this one is particle-based and I thought some of you might like it.

Just don't forget to rename the file to bootanimation.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43623200/bootanimation-02.zip

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Thanks, guys :)

@sunset0202 Nice boot animation :)

@steev, very nice ROM, WiFi, market, video calls via Skype works perfectly, but there is some thing that bother me - inaccurate screen calibration in portrait mode on my 7024 - (I've been trying dozen times, but the result is not perfect ) - bottom part of the screen is shifted for a size of a bottom used in pre-installed keyboard. (In stock ROM it worked correctly). BTW, I found workaround - I rotate device for 180 angles, then only upper part is unaligned. Again any other things seems to be perfect. Do you have any idea how to fix that?

And I'm using Honeycomb theme

I'm not sure I can improve this. I'll try though.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
First thing first great work, I like the unlock screen and everything else. Calibration for me is ok (test with the keyboard numeric key in all rotation). If there's something to do more on this I will say the time display in the notification bar to be as big as the icons. To have a different wallpaper in lock screen and home screen. (but these are part of the launcher I guest) One thing tho I left my mid7024 on sleep mode with 49% of the battery life last night, this morning when I turn it on it was still showing in the bar 49% but when I start using it it drop to 29% the battery life is really better than tsunami but the bar icon in sleep mode ???? The only thing that happen to me was to go back to the home screen from another program (i thing it is the browser) and the icons are all displace. Need to flip the screen and back home to get it back.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
OK anyone tried to copy paste with root explorer !!!!! trying to replace the animation zip file with the new one ???? I am mounted as r/w

Fennesz

Dec 2, 2011
I'm not sure I can improve this. I'll try though.

@steev,
I have just found the reason of issue - it seems like the calibration works incorrectly if it runs in portrait mode, I've just run it in landscape - and it's fixed the issue in all modes!

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
First thing first great work, I like the unlock screen and everything else. Calibration for me is ok (test with the keyboard numeric key in all rotation). If there's something to do more on this I will say the time display in the notification bar to be as big as the icons. To have a different wallpaper in lock screen and home screen. (but these are part of the launcher I guest) One thing tho I left my mid7024 on sleep mode with 49% of the battery life last night, this morning when I turn it on it was still showing in the bar 49% but when I start using it it drop to 29% the battery life is really better than tsunami but the bar icon in sleep mode ???? The only thing that happen to me was to go back to the home screen from another program (i thing it is the browser) and the icons are all displace. Need to flip the screen and back home to get it back.

Dude, this is an issue present since the tablet was born, i had same problems with the bat calibration, and all those battery calibration apps doesnt seem to work properly. Even if the calibration is not accurate its useful to calculate the battery life. The thing is how you use the tablet the one that says how much time is gonna last the bat :D

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Hey steev thanks for the CFW is great!
Just one minor issue to report. CRT animation is not working here.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024 Gingerbread by Steev

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Hey steev thanks for the CFW is great!
Just one minor issue to report. CRT animation is not working here.

Hmm it's working here.

By any chance did you change Settings>Advanced Settings>Window Animations Speed to Fast?
If so, change it back to Normal or slower.

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Hmm it's working here.

By any chance did you change Settings>Advanced Settings>Window Animations Speed to Fast?
If so, change it back to Normal or slower.

It started to work after a reboot, thanks.