CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

yves.alexis

Jul 9, 2011
After upgrading from nefarious 1.1 to 1.2 i seem to have problems with Google Maps : login failed & unable to set location, both of which worked seamlessly in 1.1

Anyone else experiences the same problem.? Any ideas on how to solve this issue.?

Thx again to Nefirim for his great contribution

Sent from my CFW-MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
After upgrading from nefarious 1.1 to 1.2 i seem to have problems with Google Maps : login failed & unable to set location, both of which worked seamlessly in 1.1

Anyone else experiences the same problem.? Any ideas on how to solve this issue.?

If you see a triangle with an exclamation mark in the notification bar, click on it and authorize, and your problems should be gone... ;)

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
Winimage?? For what? If you tablet turns on (and remain on after you release the power button), put all needed firmware files back to the root folder of the external microSD and reflash it. If you can't see anything on screen for some reason, release all buttons after it turns on and wait: it will shut down itself when the procedure is over. Turn it on again and if the flash was successful you will have your tablet back.
It's working now!

Thanks to everyoyne that helped!

So, let's start again.

guimmer

Oct 23, 2011
I updated from 1.1.1 to 1.2 but the market did not find many of the apps I was looking for. Is this a known bug?
on 1.1.1 i noticed that certain apps had audio issues

Great work on the updates

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I updated from 1.1.1 to 1.2 but the market did not find many of the apps I was looking for. Is this a known bug?

Try clearing Market's data in Settings -> Applications, setting LCD density to 160 and then open Marketing again. It it works, you can reboot to your normal dpi and it still works.

schreiber2011

Oct 23, 2011
just wannna say, nefarious-bread rules!!!

dude, i did install it, 1.0, then 1.2, soo far, soo good, only a few reports on my updates,
steps: original Froyo -> N-B 1.0 -> N-B 1.2 -> Market, login ok -> apps installed:
Documents to Go, PDF Viewer, Seesmic, Facebook and face msn, Opera, Chrome, Google maps, google docs

only google docs, and enable/disable browser key craches on open
google maps says login fail, even with right account.

for enable/disable browser key, i think is the python i think i have to reinstall
i will try reinstall/reboot Google maps and Google docs

everybody else is working great, much appreciated, u the best.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
only google docs, and enable/disable browser key craches on open
google maps says login fail, even with right account.

for enable/disable browser key, i think is the python i think i have to reinstall
i will try reinstall/reboot Google maps and Google docs

Latest Docs crashes on low dpi, increasing the number fixes it (or use an older version).
For Maps, try to use Latitude, you should see an exclamation mark in the notification bar, click on it and authorize your account.

Last edited:

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
how do i raise dpi? i didnt find in configuration
i found the exclamation marks, thanks

You can change the DPI in the build.prop. you can use es file explorer with root options enabled, to browse to /system, the build.prop will be under that folder, press it and open as text. Or if Es file explorer asks you which program to open it with, use the es note editor. Search for the option ro.sf.lcd_density=160. It may also have a # in front of it, be sure to erase the # and set the number to 172. Google docs has been reported to work with that density setting. As far as the browser disable, I've yet to get that to work, I think I may just take it out of future releases till Steev is able to find out the issue thats happening. I think it was scripted for Froyo and not Gingerbread as it reportedly works in 2.2

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
on 1.1.1 i noticed that certain apps had audio issues

Great work on the updates

Which apps are you looking for? I've noticed only one app being gone that I use to be able to get, that being the official youtube player. I've not had much time to mess around with the market to see if I can find it. I'm thinking it has to do with the upgraded apks I put into the release of V1.2 to get wifi working with the HC theme. For some reason it didn't like the older market apks when I applied the HC theme and wireless would stop working.

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
i have see some issue with the wifi with the 1.2 ! don't know the term in english but i think i can translate with : out of reach (hors de portée in French)
and i always got forced close with Facebook apps not in the first time when i use it, but when i close, and open it again.

Sounds like as far as the wireless, that would be a direct translation of " Not in Range" basically saying you're not in range of the wireless signal, mostly likely one you've connected to before but is now not in range for you to connect to now. Its really not a wireless issue as just that you're too far away from the signal to connect.

A lot of people have been having issues with the newest version of Facebook FC'ing. I'm looking into that right now, I have a feeling it may be one of the lastest tweaks I added to the build.prop in V1.2, as facebook worked in 1.0 and 1.1.1

schreiber2011

Oct 23, 2011
tks nerfim, i will do that, piece of cake, i just need install the es file explorer, maybe it also fix the unlock visual glith :)
tks ifom, and sry for ask something u just answered, i missed the solution for google maps reported before

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
For some wireless issues. I notice mine from time to time state that My network is "not in range" when it is less than 10 foot away. turning off the wifi then back on usually solves. that a reboot the unit. sadly, my android phones sometime need to be rebooted to connect to wifi properly.

yves.alexis

Jul 9, 2011
Thx Ifom,

I found the triangle when joining Latitude but failed to get a login in Google Maps. Any other option you may know of?

Sent from my CFW-MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I found the triangle when joining Latitude but failed to get a login in Google Maps. Any other option you may know of?

If your Google account is properly configured in Settings, then clicking on that triangle should open a screen asking you for authorization. If you do, that pesky message in Maps should be gone as well. At least it did here.