CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Flash 1.3 for some reason main screen icons all screw up after a time, need to reboot to fix, just to let you know, thanks for the good works...

Jan 15, 2012
I hope its not any trouble, but can you please give me the step-by-step process on how to do this with my Kyros? I dont want to make any mistakes on my own. Thank you if you can!

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
@AGuyWithAKyros:
Look for the posting I did on 12-27-2011, 06:41 AM; this explains everything. Do everything BUT steps 8, 9, 10 which is listed there. Make step 8, "put microsd card back into tablet and power on and you're done".

Use the latest CFW 1.3 which Steev just uploaded. Updated my 7024 to this version today without any problems.

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
I hope its not any trouble, but can you please give me the step-by-step process on how to do this with my Kyros? I dont want to make any mistakes on my own. Thank you if you can!

I had trouble installing the rom the first time so I would like to add this: when formatting your sdcard to fat32 do not use windows formatter, download an sdcard formatter software from sdcard.org and use that software instead to format your sdcard.

Jan 15, 2012
Do i need to factory reset my kyros before doing all this? If i dont, does that mean that i get to keep all my already installed apps?

Jan 15, 2012
@AGuyWithAKyros:
Look for the posting I did on 12-27-2011, 06:41 AM; this explains everything. Do everything BUT steps 8, 9, 10 which is listed there. Make step 8, "put microsd card back into tablet and power on and you're done".

Use the latest CFW 1.3 which Steev just uploaded. Updated my 7024 to this version today without any problems.

Do i need to factory reset my kyros before doing all this? If i dont, does that mean that i get to keep all my already installed apps?

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011

You do not need to factory reset, but backup your installed apps if you know how. Installing a new rom would wipe out all the data and you will have a rooted device. For me that is good because this rom works great than the stock rom (if that is what you have right now).

Jan 15, 2012
You do not need to factory reset, but backup your installed apps if you know how. Installing a new rom would wipe out all the data and you will have a rooted device. For me that is good because this rom works great than the stock rom (if that is what you have right now).

Alrite thanks. And one last thing. on Spook_Man's steps, he mention something about downloading "sp1" What is that? Can I get the link if its another required download?

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Alrite thanks. And one last thing. on Spook_Man's steps, he mention something about downloading "sp1" What is that? Can I get the link if its another required download?

That is if you are going to download Alldro2 version 1.1, they should go together. But if you are downloading the latest rom which is version 1.3, you can skip the step(s) regarding sp1 (service pack 1).

Jan 15, 2012
That is if you are going to download Alldro2 version 1.1, they should go together. But if you are downloading the latest rom which is version 1.3, you can skip the step(s) regarding sp1 (service pack 1).

Thanks for real. I gonna get started on this right now

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Thanks for real. I gonna get started on this right now

The people behind this forum(s), the android developers and members or tablet owners has helped a lot of people in getting their devices upgraded to a better functioning tablet. They are willing to help just as they helped me, so I want to help too. Hope you got your tablet working.

Josfer

Jan 16, 2012
I have a kyros 7024 with the original firmware but my tablet reboot all the time!. I need to know if the this costum firmware es better? i don't brick my tablet. Is safe the install? sorry for my english i'm from guatemala.

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
I have a kyros 7024 with the original firmware but my tablet reboot all the time!. I need to know if the this costum firmware es better? i don't brick my tablet. Is safe the install? sorry for my english i'm from guatemala.

I have a Kyros 7024 too, running Alldro2 version 1.3 now a rooted device. It did not brick my tablet during installation, it's not suppose to brick your tablet if you follow the instructions. I ,definitely, like my tablet now. The rom works great. Just curious why your tablet is rebooting all the time with the stock rom from coby?