CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Steev, Im trying to eliminate some of my errors. I tried using using your utscript along with the utscript.sh and utscript.sd that comes with the coby firmware for the 1024. Would this combination be a likely cause of a hardbrick. The only other thing I added was the (tweaks) folder to the patch.patch_mid1024n_wifi.tgz archive. Iwas working with the alldro2 firmware

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
i tried to install a swype keyboard on my kyros with this rom, but it says that i can't install swype in a emulator o_O
whats wrong?

I just tried and got the same error. It looks like it might be bug in the software
You may not install in an Android emulator... but I'm not in an emulator. :(

I'll search for a fix/workaround

Does this AllDro rom perform the same or better than the 1010CFW? Same stability and lack of bugs? Everything still works like it did? I don't want to lose how stable and useful it is.

Yes, it should work at least as good as the 1010 CFW, probably better.

if i go to the nand chip with my super fine tipped, pencil soldering iron and lift the power pin(s) leg . . . then i have a dead nand instead of a troublesome nand ? . then i would then need your version of alldro with no nand support. . this makes the giant leap and assumes the hardware circuit forgives the nand being there one moment and then gone the next.
hmmm, is this a stupid idea ? . who is the "king kong" of bricked tablets ? . would that be ifom ?

I really have no idea if that will work or not.
I'll update my utscript.sh to support SD-only installation if you're brave enough to try.

Steev, Im trying to eliminate some of my errors. I tried using using your utscript along with the utscript.sh and utscript.sd that comes with the coby firmware for the 1024. Would this combination be a likely cause of a hardbrick. The only other thing I added was the (tweaks) folder to the patch.patch_mid1024n_wifi.tgz archive. Iwas working with the alldro2 firmware

That combination should be fine, as long as you use a known working u-boot.bin (like the one from the OFW)

marilia

Apr 19, 2011
Hi, after I installed this rom the android market no longer recognizes my device (the kyros tablet), only my android phone (that uses the same google account), now a lot of apps doesnt show to download anymore. Also, this version in the rom is the older market. Is there a way to fix that? Should I install the new market?

rain

May 5, 2011
Hi, after I installed this rom the android market no longer recognizes my device (the kyros tablet), only my android phone (that uses the same google account), now a lot of apps doesnt show to download anymore. Also, this version in the rom is the older market. Is there a way to fix that? Should I install the new market?
the 'new' market is not a fix. . goto version 3.1.5 and you'll be back to being funtional. . i fear there is NO happiness for chinese tablet people and the market ahead. . i hear of no solutions other than to freeze yourself to the old. . hth !
google made a mess of it on purpose ?

rain

May 5, 2011
new dev ( real dev ! ) team showed up today on the c8 forum of slatedroid. . they moved over from Viewsonic gTablet . . and are using : gingerbread rom framework built from asop and cm7 gits...
they're now making an assessment ( urbetter and binaries and drivers )
ooh, ooh, ooh ! ! !

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@steev and sunset0202

I tried to use your logo in my CFW for MID1024 but it would show only in the first seconds of the boot, then I'd see a blank screen for a while until the Android animation comes up. So it seems that the image must be 72dpi and have no alpha. The attached image is working fine here, I think I can borrow it, right? Thanks!

$logo.jpg

Edit: the forum attachments are converted to JPG, here is the link to the BMP version (no download link, but you can drag&drop or use the contextual menu to download):
http://min.us/lbw6a3JWQtoxJ4

Last edited:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
FWIW, on the newer markets.. you can only see all apps at 160 screen density. I am running the 3.3.11 market version and havent run into any snags. BUT, the device does not show up on the android.market.com website. Mine did Autoupdate from 3.1.x this week.

Rain,

who and where are you referring to. I didnt see anything new in the Kyros section of Slate....

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
@steev and sunset0202

I tried to use your logo in my CFW for MID1024 but it would show only in the first seconds of the boot, then I'd see a blank screen for a while until the Android animation comes up. So it seems that the image must be 72dpi and have no alpha. The attached image is working fine here, I think I can borrow it, right? Thanks!

View attachment 4480

Edit: the forum attachments are converted to JPG, here is the link to the BMP version (no download link, but you can drag&drop or use the contextual menu to download):
logo - Minus.com

Thanks, that's actually the only reason I didn't make it the default logo.bmp in my firmware

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
FWIW, on the newer markets.. you can only see all apps at 160 screen density. I am running the 3.3.11 market version and havent run into any snags. BUT, the device does not show up on the android.market.com website. Mine did Autoupdate from 3.1.x this week.

Rain,

who and where are you referring to. I didnt see anything new in the Kyros section of Slate....

I believe rain is referring to this
C8 Development News: The Tsunami is coming ! - SlateDroid.com

rain

May 5, 2011
i was reading yesterday about a clever hardware and software mod to add an internal bluetooth and gps to the unit. . there was pictures and instructions and software... i think the guy was from russia. . i'll dig some more.
that would be cool, yes ?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Hmm Google market now auto upgrade itself, I now have 3.3.11. I still can't find smurf village.

Sent from my typewriter.