CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
I have an 7024, but having a hard time installing this, I have a 8gb memory card formatted in fat32, and I extract all files on it, put it in my tablet, Hold the Power, and middle button and It takes me to the upgrade page, and it just says "Upgrade Image not found". I also tried with a different 8gb micro sd. Same thing. What am I doing wrong =[

sunset0202

Aug 10, 2011
@lfom

Thanks for the tip on the logo JPG autoconversion, guess it'd hardly cross my mind. Been working on some boot animations, wanna see how far I can push it...

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I have an 7024, but having a hard time installing this, I have a 8gb memory card formatted in fat32, and I extract all files on it, put it in my tablet, Hold the Power, and middle button and It takes me to the upgrade page, and it just says "Upgrade Image not found". I also tried with a different 8gb micro sd. Same thing. What am I doing wrong =[

The utscript, uboot, zimage and recovery must be located at the root directory of your external microsd plus some folders. Can you confirm if you copy it that way.

Sent from my typewriter.

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
The utscript, uboot, zimage and recovery must be located at the root directory of your external microsd plus some folders. Can you confirm if you copy it that way.

Sent from my typewriter.
Isnt it in that format when you extract the .zip? I just format, download the zip, extract it and copy all files just as they are in the zip into the root of my sd card

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
"Upgrade Image not found"

That error means that it couldn't find the file "utscript" on your microSD, or the file is corrupted.

Check that there is a file named "utscript" in the root of your microSD.

If there is, check the md5sum of the .zip file you downloaded to make sure you got a good download.
Here's a free md5sum checker for Windows: WinMD5 Free - Windows MD5 Utility Freeware

The md5sum of version 0.2 should be 083a25a1d7e74cacfcb9fad647b6b765

Somebody on here reported that they couldn't install a firmware update from a 16 GB microSD card, so I'm wondering if u-boot has problems with the larger sized cards?
The biggest I've tried was 4 GB. I have an 8 GB one in my phone, so I'll try that.

Last edited:

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
Please try the 8gb so I know and don't have to go and buy another SD card. I also tried the official coby update and its saying the same thing, "upgrade not found"

Sent from my MB860 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Are you sure the microSD is formated in FAT32? I think latest windows formats disks bigger than 4GB in NTFS, and if the card isn't formatted in FAT32 then it won't be read by the tablet.

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
Yes I make sure it says fat32 when I'm formatting. Should i use a different formatter?

I also just checked and its in fat32

Last edited:

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion, just tried it and same thing" update image not found". I think its just it doesn't work with 8gb cards

Last edited:

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
I think I found the problem. My 7024 is not detecting my sd card!!! WTF is going on. I put it in, I go into options and click the sd card, and it says for everything "unavailable" as it doesnt exist!..

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I think I found the problem. My 7024 is not detecting my sd card!!! WTF is going on. I put it in, I go into options and click the sd card, and it says for everything "unavailable" as it doesnt exist!..

A little late but I tested my 8 gb card and it works.

Your internal sdcard is still detected right?
Later tonight I'll modify my utscript.sh to support installing from the internal sd.

d4v1dz

Nov 5, 2011
A little late but I tested my 8 gb card and it works.

Your internal sdcard is still detected right?
Later tonight I'll modify my utscript.sh to support installing from the internal sd.
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will be waiting, I really hate stock OS, its a fail and it lags... and doesnt support alot of stuff.. Cant wait