[WIP] Volcano - Honeycomb 3.0 for Coby Kyros x024

thvillegas

Jan 6, 2012
Peoplesorry for myEnglish.

I alsohave theKyros1024,with thesystemboard1024n.I was doingthe test withthe versionprovided byPickupman66friend.Wellthe Marketis workingwell.Wifi networkrunning smoothly.Problems encounteredso far.Does not recognize theSDExternalUSBandnot connectingwith theMicro.or other USB device.Apart from some problemswith applications thatcrash.and givesa messageerror.
MyinternalSDand32Gbisonly recognized2GB

So farthat's it.

I'm installingapplications viaMarket.

If you needmore testscantell me.

And once againsorry for myEnglish.

Iwould like to participatein the groupto help andlearn.I know I'mtoo rawwith Androidbutenjoying it. ;):)

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Thanks for posting 1024 versions while lfom was gone, PickupMan.

Yeah the Home button not working is a known issue. It got broken somehow, still investigating...

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Yea, I even swapped the key layouts from known workind versions and it still didnt fix it. Not really sure what my issue was with the market. I am sure it is a stupid mistake I made somewhere.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Hi just to let you know, I flash this on a mid7024 and it work great, minus the already known issues, the only thing I added is Steev patch for urbetter_resistive_tscal_patch witch calibrate the screen at first start. Cant wait for a new evolution on this rom.

lionelannie

Dec 24, 2011
Hi all
I put the combo beta 9 but I have a slowdown in the boot and lots of bugs.I wanted to do a backup withTB but all my applications were not installed.But overall it works, thank you for the good work already.From mid1027 mpman 16GB (micro sd changed from 8 to1 6GB)16GB external micro sd.

Last edited:

scitzoid

Dec 29, 2011
Hi Im new to this. Have read a lot of the threads (heads spinning ). I have a Mid7024, flashed with beta 6. 1st, thx to everyone, this is so much better than stock :eek:. 2nd. Is there a list of the known issues with B9 (don't want to waste time asking if its a known issue :confused: ). 3rd. The two apps I tried and failed install are Flash and ClockWorksMOD (I would like a backup/recovery tool).

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Clockwork is a totally different animal. There is another thread around here regarding it.

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

eldade

Aug 21, 2011
Known issues:
- Camera does not work
- Some apps crash
- Probably many other things broken (Again, this is an early alpha)

Hi steeve, I saw the bootargs, and I noted that the parameter "camera" is set to "gc0308"... on x024 tablets, this value should be "hi704".

I hope help.

Last edited:

nefirim

Developer
Sep 10, 2011
Hey Steev, just was getting caught up on the latest with everything thats been going on. Computer has been down and haven't had reliable access as of late. That being, was wondering if you were needing any help on the MID8024 side of things, I'm willing to throw my hat in with this project if you need another hand and tablet

sunset0202

Aug 10, 2011
For those who think the development is stuck at a point or even abandoned, a quote from the slateroid forum:

Dave.S, on 17 January 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

Hello Acrobat,

Terry is working on Beta 11 now, with coding contributing from Iform & Steve. Perhaps it would take a few days, or week(s). So I suggested to post Beta10 for testers to evaluate in the meantime & as well as to understand the progress is continuing. I do not remember all the changes that were included, so the wordings were mine.

In my test, the first thing I did was to change the keyboard input to English, then set up wifi and set wifi policy to never sleep. Market & launcher were working fine. What did not work for me was YouTube. After several hours playing with it, market was acting up.. By then, I already got all apps downloaded.

I feel that Terry & team are pretty close to a RC release. Let us give them some cheers
smiley.gif

Dave

So, the guys are up to it, and to me it´s clear that we can expect good news on the coby side soon. Steev an lfom are in the game, and I´m sure the news will be good as soon as possible, we all know it´s a helluv a task to accomplish...

Just my opinion. :)

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Hi steeve, I saw the bootargs, and I noted that the parameter "camera" is set to "gc0308"... on x024 tablets, this value should be "hi704".

I hope help.

You are right, but I removed the u-boot flashing code from utscript so those files aren't even used.

I did this to reduce the chance of bricking and to make a universal version that works on (7,8,1)024 possible.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Hey Steev, just was getting caught up on the latest with everything thats been going on. Computer has been down and haven't had reliable access as of late. That being, was wondering if you were needing any help on the MID8024 side of things, I'm willing to throw my hat in with this project if you need another hand and tablet

I'm sure we could use more help.

If you want I'll ask if you can be added to the discussion group on Slatedroid.