[WIP] Volcano - Honeycomb 3.0 for Coby Kyros x024

fotocreaman

Jan 5, 2012
Pickupman66 I installed your ROM and it works with not too much problems. Wifi great, external sdcard I need to "activate" with file explorer after each reboot. Then it works. New market 3.3.xx crashes (seems same problem as lfom had with wrong fingerprint in his gingerbread ROM) Original market worked like a charm but with a non HC fingerprint so I saw no HC compatible aps. Camera is not working.
Rest seems to work.

Great work so far.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Its not my rom but a combo of lfom utmodules and steev tweaks. I may toy with a newer beta tonight. I take no credit for making it. Just glued some things together.

I also tried to disable the browser and search buttons with the script program that I believe steev wrote but it would not run the scripts. Instead I just edited the generic file in keylayouts.

I noticed when you change to 160 resolution, the pop up used when touching the clock is missing some town and can only be seen when the device is rotated.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
OK. so I danced with B9. here it is for the 1024. VolcanoBeta9_mid1024.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download go to steev for the installs and Lfom for the Utmodules.

still testing it out. so far, the HOME button (soft or hardware) is not working. it will only go back. anyone know what number and in what file I need to edit this on? I ahve tried looking around and cannot seem to get the right combo. if anyone can tell me how to get this fixed,that would be awesome. I only succeeded in disabling it all together:confused:

like other said, the market was Vacant. hardly anything in there.

Youtube app still plays Audio only. also leave the resolution at 120. Otherwise you will not see everything.

I updated to 3.4.4 market and it worked temporarily. I had to reflash the rom for a reason I cannot remember and when I re-did the market, it then would not show any programs in teh market.

ended up flashing back to the evo GB rom for now....

Last edited:

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
OK. so I danced with B9. here it is for the 1024. VolcanoBeta9_mid1024.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download go to steev for the installs and Lfom for the Utmodules.

still testing it out. so far, the HOME button (soft or hardware) is not working. it will only go back. anyone know what number and in what file I need to edit this on? I ahve tried looking around and cannot seem to get the right combo. if anyone can tell me how to get this fixed,that would be awesome. I only succeeded in disabling it all together:confused:

Youtube app still plays Audio only. also leave the resolution at 120. Otherwise you will not see everything.

I updated to 3.4.4 market and it worked temporarily. I had to reflash the rom for a reason I cannot remember and when I re-did the market, it then would not show any programs in teh market.

ended up flashing back to the evo GB rom for now....

you need to add sc3-button.kl and s3c-keypad.kl to usr folder locaated in the system folder

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Really odd! I am just trying with beta 9 and wifi is working, tried again the old one b6 and wifi gets error. Anyway, wifi is ok now.

What do you mean when saying "market is empty"? Empty about honeycomb applications? I can see apps for honeycomb and download some of them, if it some crashes.

Last edited:

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Never had any problem with market. Using your distro, as I told, I can see market full of apps, search and find, download.

Do you or someone else knows where is apps such CNN and others? It crashes always and could be good to remove them. Finally I was able to access the extsd, using file explorer. After some investigation I presume that the mount point is not correct or disabled, because before use file explorer the folder /extsd exists but some applications complains about "not rooted" what is not true but unmounted instead. Maybe something wrong with the symbolic links... dunno.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I am back from my trip... Are Vernox or Pickupman working on it? Do you need help? I can take it from here, if you want...

GingerLF is pretty much mature, I think. Only small updates when Symbean releases a new version of the UI, I guess. Otherwise I bought an A500 to be used as my primary machine so 1024 can be used entirely to development. Also it runs Honeycomb (brilliantly BTW) so I can use it for tests and comparisons too. ;)

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
welcome back dude! Well, what about some help on auto mount extsd, camera, audio on some apps (youtube ie), hmmm... market!, a lot of hc apps that crashes (framework issue?) and so on! :D

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Glad you are back... you can pick it up wherever you want. Ill test...

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011

I updated to 3.4.4 market and it worked temporarily. I had to reflash the rom for a reason I cannot remember and when I re-did the market, it then would not show any programs in teh market. I ended up flashing back to the evo GB rom for now....

Just tried beta 9 from slatedroid.wifi is not connecting as well as any of the hard buttons working.....been working ces show finally have a day off so I have some free time to play around....The new Coby tablets running ICS 4.0 look really nice. Pretty much same form factor outside case is more of a charcoal grey screen is much improved Quality wise and resolution7 ,8 , 9 and 10 inch models cortex A8(allwinner) proc..camera 1.0mp(720P)ram 1GB internal storage 4 or 8gb also some of the tablets will be using cortex A8 with VI Micro chips and crappy resistive screen(only on 7" model 7033