CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

dukoque

Jan 1, 2012
Nefirim, i used the app called Battery Calibration, from NÉMA developer. The logo is an android with a % in the chest. Just type Battery Calibration on the market and you will see it

I´m using the android 2.3.3 Genesis by Prox32, and it have a Icon named "3G setting" but the modens showing in the app is all WCDMA, and all the modem I have its a HSUPA, I don´t know if it´s because of this I can´t conect the 3G.

Any one have conected a 3G dongle in a 7024 or 8024 tablet? How you did this?

Mine also don´t have the "APN settings" on the setting -> Wi-fi

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
@dukoque,

I've got working a ZTE MF622 modem in my 8024. I unlocked it and disabled the "autorun" function of the modem. I selected the WCDMA ZTE 637U modem option on 3G settings. The software I used are DC-Unlocker (if it isn't unlocked yet) and Hercules (for send a AT command and disable "autorun"). And figuring that you are brazilian, my modem doesn't work on my tablet with TIM's SIM card at $0.50/day deal. But worked with a Claro's SIM card with 3G modem deal. Sttange is that on my notebook it works normally and at $0,50/day! I think Tim can watch what kind of device is using the SIM card for internet acess. This SIM is for cellphone deal (Infinity Pré).

Someone else got this issue with Tim SIM cards?

@lfom and @nefirim,

In the end I even didn't need the APN settings! Thanks anyway!

dukoque

Jan 1, 2012
Thanks Coddias1, it´s very important know the brand and model that works with the 7024.

I´m with a Huawei E 173 with vivo sim card and I can´t conect. I´m filling the name: Vivo number: *99# APN:zap.vivo.com.br user: vivo and password:vivo.

Have you filled or leave any of these like they come?

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
Thanks Coddias1, it´s very important know the brand and model that works with the 7024.

I´m with a Huawei E 173 with vivo sim card and I can´t conect. I´m filling the name: Vivo number: *99# APN:zap.vivo.com.br user: vivo and password:vivo.

Have you filled or leave any of these like they come?

@dukoque,

You're right: it's necessary fill all those stuff in order the modem work properly. In my case, I've filled them with Claro's number, APN, user and password.

And is needed put the tablet in host mode too.

One question: have you disabled "autorun" or "cdrom" as I explaneid before?

Oh, your modem is Huawei. When connected to PC, can you search My computer/properties/device manager, what are vendor id and product id of this modem device? Search all the tab some that shows this kind of information. Maybe you have to change some things in the /etc/ppp/setup/some Huawei's modem you choose.setup file.

Take a look at this and keep on talking...

See you!

Last edited:

frighs

Jan 7, 2012
How do i invert the mma7660 axis values?
Need the x=-x and y=-y to work corretly in most games

Sent from my CFW-MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

rexpopuli

Jan 23, 2012
I have an Alldro 2, with this CFW. Thank you very much for this great ROM! I use it with ADW launcher and it's amazing! It's a totally different tablet now! Thank you again and keep up the good work!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@lfom and @nefirim,

In the end I even didn't need the APN settings! Thanks anyway!

If you've read it right, I said that the APN Settings panel is hidden. But you can set the APN for each 3G connection you create.

I think that discussions about which connections work and which doesn't belong somewhere else, not this forum. It's not related to the tablet or this firmware.

Coddias1

Sep 24, 2011
@lfom,

Sorry man,
I just wanted help. But I agree with you that this issue doesn´t belong to this thread.

My apologies to @nefirim too.

Sorry!

freddykid

Dec 15, 2011
OK so last night my kyros froze and when I reset it it got to the android screen and stopped. I have been running 1.2 for about a month with out issues. so I reflashed it with 1.2 but now it only gets to the coby flash screen and stops there. any suggestions on unbricking a device?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Probably you have a bad internal microSD. Try to restore the original firmware first. If it doesn't fix it, the first thing I'd do would be opening the tablet and replacing its internal card. There are videos about it on the internet, it's basically the same procedure for 7024, 8024 or 1024.

freddykid

Dec 15, 2011
Probably you have a bad internal microSD. Try to restore the original firmware first. If it doesn't fix it, the first thing I'd do would be opening the tablet and replacing its internal card. There are videos about it on the internet, it's basically the same procedure for 7024, 8024 or 1024.

Yeah I tried the on board restore and it sticks, I think I am still under warranty I will give them a call. thanks for the headsup

katish

Oct 3, 2011
Hey nefirim, thanks for this rom, I'm having lots of fun with it!

I'm experiencing problems with youtube throwing an "action not allowed" error msg and facebook says "no peer certificate.." and won't even log in, dunno if it's rom related or not..

I didn't get the lock screen issue some ppl reported.. market is working, skype is working.. haven't gotten around to do much as I don't know what all I could be doing.. lemme know if you need specific testing.

TripleTown doesn't recognize the correct axis, the screen is always turned to the left of the position it should be (if this makes any sense), but so far only this game.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
TripleTown doesn't recognize the correct axis, the screen is always turned to the left of the position it should be (if this makes any sense), but so far only this game.

Some games/apps seem to try to use a gyroscope, which the Kyros doesn't have, and this behavior is observed. I will try a fix in an upcoming update for GingerLF that, if works, can be used in any CFW for similar models (x024).

CR1T1C4L718

Jan 20, 2012
I realized I can only have 4x4 worth of apps on any screen, how can I fix this? I wish to have 10x7 on my screen.

Also GREAT ROM!!