[ROM] Installable stock nandroid backup for Kyros 7015 with root

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Since it seems nobody has posted a public link to it, and we don't have an official recovery image from coby, I uploaded a nandroid backup from just after i rooted it.

To install:
Code:
1. Copy the file to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
2. Untar the file with this commandline:
    tar xvf <filename>
3. Reboot into Clockworkmod Recovery
4. Select "Backup/Restore"
5. Select Restore
6. Pick the 2010.12.24.xx.xx.xx directory (i forgot the exact timestamp)
7. Select 'Yes'
8. Reboot

this will wipe *all* data, taking it back to (mostly) stock. IIRC, the only I thing had added at the time of the backup was SuperUser.apk, su, busybox, and clockworkmod

i guess this link would help: Kyros 7015 nandroid backup

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
If anyone has restored this, could you please leave some feedback about the backup (is it what I thought it was) and how easy/difficult my instructions were to follow?

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Thanks again. Lining up my ducks for when I get my new Kyros with the crap newest firmware.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
BTW, you can rename the backup directory to something more useful if you want to...

Loki666

Mar 23, 2011
I would like to express my thanx ! I just got my coby yesterday and bricked it pretty good and if not for your topic here and the download I would have pulled all my hair out by now.

I made this account just to tank you, But now that I'm here I think I may just stick around lol

(EDIT)

I forgot to say it worked flawlessly ! And thanx for tiki towers .

ö

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
/me points at the thanks button at the bottom of each post. :)

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
I loaded watery kyros into my 7015 2.1v and now its locked up with a blue message in the bottom left reading like this..."the device enter fastboot mode
please connect usb to pc or reset the device
waiting................"
What have I done to this thing and can it be repaired?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
a note on the tiki towers apk: I got it when there was a free offer for it, so it is not illegal afaik.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bdthed

Jan 19, 2012
Thank You for saving my tablet only thing is instead of following your instructions I created a new folder on my sdhc card named clockworkmod, then created a new folder inside that one named backup I then untar'd your file into the backup folder on the sdhc card then booted into recover and did a backup restore this worked flawlessly and repaired an extreme hd honecomb rom gone unbootably bad. Thanks again for your help.

crackitopen

Feb 4, 2012
Would this rom image work on a 7016? I just bought one on ebay - cheap - it's bricked. I'll need some kind of rom to get it up & running before I can do anything else with it. I've downloaded the Android SDK as well, but being a newb at this point, I expect it will take me a while to get going with it.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

ajelin

Jan 19, 2012
Hi!
I followed your instructions and rebooted, it booted into CWM so I figured maybe it needed a power off so after I tried reboot twice, I tried a power off. Again I rebooted into CWM so a last resort I reset it and guess what? It rebooted into CWM. Am I doing something wrong? I am going to try another restore. So answer this in case I have the same problem or someone else does
Thanks

Later
I still have the same paoblem. Restored the previous system the tried again. Same results

Last edited:

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
Since it seems nobody has posted a public link to it, and we don't have an official recovery image from coby, I uploaded a nandroid backup from just after i rooted it.

To install:
Code:
1. Copy the file to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
2. Untar the file with this commandline:
    tar xvf <filename>
3. Reboot into Clockworkmod Recovery
4. Select "Backup/Restore"
5. Select Restore
6. Pick the 2010.12.24.xx.xx.xx directory (i forgot the exact timestamp)
7. Select 'Yes'
8. Reboot

this will wipe *all* data, taking it back to (mostly) stock. IIRC, the only I thing had added at the time of the backup was SuperUser.apk, su, busybox, and clockworkmod

i guess this link would help: Kyros 7015 nandroid backup

steps 1 and 2 confused me. are we suppost to use a pc to put the file in the clockwork/backup folder since that seems the only way to access the sd card. and what do we use to write that command line?

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
what i did was take my micro sd card and put in in my pc, i extracted the file with winrar(is this the same as untaring it?) put it in my

/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup file, and followed the directions. when it gets to restoring data it just sits there and dosnt do anything