[ROM] KKMod GB ROM for 8" IMX515 - v2.3.4

y110

Nov 7, 2011
can you all tell me the maximum time your tablets can be play without plug in charger?

PinkPrincess

Feb 4, 2011
I would just like to say big thanks to killerkink with the help over past few days , I'm totally new to all this adb etc BUT after a few hiccups and killerkinks help i did it lol great work , great rom , great guy :) thank you

PiTTBLooD

Jan 6, 2011
OK....go:
KKMod Tweaks = Ajustes KKMod
Reboot Device = Reiniciar dispositivo
Calibrate Touchscreen = Calibración de pantalla táctil
IMX515 Model =Modelo IMX515
|-One Speaker with two screws = Un altavoz con dos tronillos
|_Two Speakers = Dos altavoces
Enable Date Correction = Activar corrección de fecha
Enable 3G Support = Activar soporte 3G
Enable OpenDNS support in DHCP = Activar soporte OpenDNS en DHCP
Shutdown Device = Apagar dispositivo

XEC DLs control = Control XEC DLs
|-xec dls disabled = xec dls deshabilitado
|-xec dls with log on screen = xec dls con log en pantalla
|_xec dls enabled without log = xec dls habilitado sin log
[FONT=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

You can just go to the settings and tell me which text to translate:

hopefully its a proper native translation and not google translate.

example:

KKMod Tweaks = <spanish text>
Reboot Device = <spanish text>

Last edited:

PiTTBLooD

Jan 6, 2011
I flash my IMX515 tablet in correct order (first 2.3.3r3 with KKMoD ROM KIT and second 2.3.4r3, Date Correction active). The tablet fly now....but I find an important error....my tablet wifi do not work, not connect as My android phone (i9000) connect right... I try change date (as I read in other post) and after putting correct date....rebooting everytime...and nothing...today I flash it with bluetooth patch....and nothing... When I enable de wifi in few seconds disable alone.(Airplane mode is disable) Can you help me?..I am desperate... If I make something wrong please correct me.
Important: I have installed ADB in my PC and in my laptop...none of them recognizes the tablet for connect...

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
I flash my IMX515 tablet in correct order (first 2.3.3r3 with KKMoD ROM KIT and second 2.3.4r3, Date Correction active). The tablet fly now....but I find an important error....my tablet wifi do not work, not connect as My android phone (i9000) connect right... I try change date (as I read in other post) and after putting correct date....rebooting everytime...and nothing...today I flash it with bluetooth patch....and nothing... When I enable de wifi in few seconds disable alone.(Airplane mode is disable) Can you help me?..I am desperate... If I make something wrong please correct me.
Important: I have installed ADB in my PC and in my laptop...none of them recognizes the tablet for connect...

Boot up fresh and immediately turn on wifi. Save a copy of the kernel log(dmesg) from the androidos application that come with the rom.

PiTTBLooD

Jan 6, 2011
OK thx 4 all....my tablet flys now...very good work...and thx 4 reply my post...
The version r3 (not rc3) works prefectly...
I want to make a recommendation to change .... for the next version, I recommend change Launcher....Actually ADW but GO LAUNCHER EX with ICS THEME... it is really cool!!
One problem in R3 version is android market (v3.3.11)....actually (for automatic update) it install v3.4.4.. and this installed version do not work in your rom...
Temporal solution...install previous version...enter in command mode (terminal emulator) and enter this:

$ su
# pm disable com.android.vending.updater

this command every boot and before connect to internet...it sucks!!!!...do you know another solution?...

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
OK thx 4 all....my tablet flys now...very good work...and thx 4 reply my post...
The version r3 (not rc3) works prefectly...
I want to make a recommendation to change .... for the next version, I recommend change Launcher....Actually ADW but GO LAUNCHER EX with ICS THEME... it is really cool!!
One problem in R3 version is android market (v3.3.11)....actually (for automatic update) it install v3.4.4.. and this installed version do not work in your rom...
Temporal solution...install previous version...enter in command mode (terminal emulator) and enter this:

$ su
# pm disable com.android.vending.updater

this command every boot and before connect to internet...it sucks!!!!...do you know another solution?...

Great that its working for you. I have move on to another tablet and will not be very actively working on this rom.

There will always be personal preference for launcher. If you prefer GO Launcher, just installed it and select it as the default.

PiTTBLooD

Jan 6, 2011
I am testing GEMINI APP MANAGER to try block market update....this free app modify (as root) tablet autorun....

sdustyz

Dec 31, 2011
Some applications hide the status bar, but the hard "menu" button is remapped. So how can i popup the menu for the application?

moskitta75

Oct 5, 2011
Hi, thanks KK for your ROM!!! (KKMOD 2.3.4 updated)
I've got an aPad by Utopia M801 one speaker two screws model.
I tested it with two Bluethoot USB dongle, one by Trust BT 2+EDR and one by Dikom BT 3+EDR.
The first one by Trust works perfect with the standard tablet's Android 2.2 ROM, after upgrading the Trust BT stopped working, only can see other devices but no more, so I tried the second BT dongle by Dikom and this one worked fast and fine.
Another thing about the HSDPA USB key, with the standard 2.2 rom I used a no brand unlocked Huawei E1750 and the tablet worked fine with that, no need to set any APN and so on, only plugin the USB in to the dock cable and opening dongle with the icon in apps, wait some seconds as described and you are on the net!
See my blog moskitta75.blogspot.com for pictures and other things about this tablet.
I will test the same USB HSDPA key and another one, an Huawei E169 which didn't work with the standard 2.2 rom.
I can't test it now cause I have no credit in it.
Thanks for the KKROM!!!
Here are some imgs about the BT dongle upon described:

$CIMG1924.JPG $CIMG1925.JPG

Tried to connect via USB HSDPA key with no succsess!!!
I used the old Huawei E1750 good workin with the standard 2.2 rom but now it seems that this key don't work.
Tried also the other Huawei E169 and with this one I can get the operator signal, set the APN ang G icon appears on status bar but connection doesn't work!
Enabled 3G support and rebooted with and without USB key but nothing to do...
Problems with market, I had to reinstall one may be old and by now it seems to work...
The camera works but slower than before and position problems, landscape view reflected (left/right) and portrait is up down... May be I do better to invert the camera position into the tablet!
For the rest the tablet is a little faster than before and looks like more multitasking like, the 2.3 version is slight better I don't know if it would be the same for stability.

Last edited: