[ROM] KKMod GB ROM for 8" IMX515 - v2.3.4

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Thank you,upgraded to the "r2",adw theme and bluetooth no problem

can you post the dmesg when you connect the bluetooth? like to know what bluetooth dongle that you have?

easygg

Dec 1, 2011
设备描述 Generic Bluetooth Radio
设备 ID 0A12-0001
设备类别 E0 / 01 (Bluetooth)
设备协议 01
支持的 USB 版本 1.10
当前速度 Full (USB 1.1)

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
设备描述 Generic Bluetooth Radio
设备 ID 0A12-0001
设备类别 E0 / 01 (Bluetooth)
设备协议 01
支持的 USB 版本 1.10
当前速度 Full (USB 1.1)

thanks. Since you use chinese, maybe you want to do translation for those item that is still listed in english?

what brand and model is it?

0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
v2.3.4 release 3 is out (market v3.3.12, remapped hardkeys,added recent apps softbutton, kkmod tweaks->shutdown device)

Amrod

Mar 6, 2011
Hi everyone, and thanks a lot, KillerKink, for taking your time trying to improve our imx515 tablets!!

I have a FR 809 IMX515 tablet, two speakers, no screws. It runs currently the modded for two speakers XAUMOD android 2.2 rom without a problem so far.

I'd love to install your gingerbread rom in my device instead, but there are some doubts troubling me (I know I might be really mistaken, please notice I am quite new in the android universe..):

My device is unable to connect using adb, using the otg usb cable, computers doesn't recognize the device. I thought it might be that my otg cables where defective, but had the chance to test them in another imx515 tablet and worked.. Reading your initial post, I assume I need to have adb working in order to install KKMOD rom utility BEFORE installing your rom. Am I right?

In this case, is there no other way to update recovery (example given, installing your recovery booting from my existing recovery) and then update your rom from recovery as well, avoiding ADB?

I could help gladly with your spanish menu translation, if you give me the text to translate. I've noticed there's a couple spanish translations in the previous page, but I guess there's a lot more to translate hehehe

KKMod Tweaks = <Ajustes KKMod>
Reboot Device = <Reiniciar dispositivo>

Thanks again for the huge and good work!!

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Hi everyone, and thanks a lot, KillerKink, for taking your time trying to improve our imx515 tablets!!

I have a FR 809 IMX515 tablet, two speakers, no screws. It runs currently the modded for two speakers XAUMOD android 2.2 rom without a problem so far.

I'd love to install your gingerbread rom in my device instead, but there are some doubts troubling me (I know I might be really mistaken, please notice I am quite new in the android universe..):

My device is unable to connect using adb, using the otg usb cable, computers doesn't recognize the device. I thought it might be that my otg cables where defective, but had the chance to test them in another imx515 tablet and worked.. Reading your initial post, I assume I need to have adb working in order to install KKMOD rom utility BEFORE installing your rom. Am I right?

In this case, is there no other way to update recovery (example given, installing your recovery booting from my existing recovery) and then update your rom from recovery as well, avoiding ADB?

I could help gladly with your spanish menu translation, if you give me the text to translate. I've noticed there's a couple spanish translations in the previous page, but I guess there's a lot more to translate hehehe

KKMod Tweaks = <Ajustes KKMod>
Reboot Device = <Reiniciar dispositivo>

Thanks again for the huge and good work!!

Yes, you are right. There is a need to get rom utility in your tablet before you can update the rom. There are two recommended ways to do that and both methods will require a usb connection. One as you already mentioned is through adb and another is to directly copy the utility image to the tablet. The second method will need busybox and root access.

To test test if your cable is working fine. Connect the usb cable to your pc and your tablet should be detected and you should be able to copy data to your tablet just like a normal usb harddisk/thumb drive. Also take note that you need to get the flash the kkmod bootloader before upgrading. I will probably come out with another update.zip for that flashing as I realised that some of you may not be familiar with the steps.

Yes, there are more text to be translated as those two lines are just samples. You just need to tell me which english text need to be translate and provide the spanish version.

And as always, its good to ask if you are unsure. I wouldnt want someone to brick their tablet while trying to flash my rom.

Amrod

Mar 6, 2011
Thanks for such a fast reply!!

I could update my tablet to XAUMOD's because all I had to do was copying the image and updating from the standard recovery menu. As I mentioned before, the tablet is not properly detected by computers, so I can not access the media or use adb using USB. I managed to connect it through adb wirelessly (device wasn't found in the android sdk, anyway) using adbwireless, but that was of course executing the program with the tablet up and running.. if adb has to work in recovery mode, there is no way to use adbwireless...

For the second method, device is rooted but I think it has not busybox (if I'm not wrong, I recall titanium backup stating a long ago it didn't have busybox.. I will check it out once I'm home) but again, if adbwireless can't do the trick..

To flash the kkmod bootloader I need adb too, right?

Regarding the spanish translation, I guess it takes me to install it in order to see which lines are missing, right? Otherwise, if you knew the lines to translate, I could do it right away!!

Thanks again for your time and attention, it's great how people can learn, improve and help each other through online boards.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Thanks for such a fast reply!!

I could update my tablet to XAUMOD's because all I had to do was copying the image and updating from the standard recovery menu. As I mentioned before, the tablet is not properly detected by computers, so I can not access the media or use adb using USB. I managed to connect it through adb wirelessly (device wasn't found in the android sdk, anyway) using adbwireless, but that was of course executing the program with the tablet up and running.. if adb has to work in recovery mode, there is no way to use adbwireless...

For the second method, device is rooted but I think it has not busybox (if I'm not wrong, I recall titanium backup stating a long ago it didn't have busybox.. I will check it out once I'm home) but again, if adbwireless can't do the trick. The 2.3 rom need a different bootloader from that of the 2.2

To flash the kkmod bootloader I need adb too, right?

Regarding the spanish translation, I guess it takes me to install it in order to see which lines are missing, right? Otherwise, if you knew the lines to translate, I could do it right away!!

Thanks again for your time and attention, it's great how people can learn, improve and help each other through online boards.

Yes, adbwireless can do the same job as adb usb. However do wait for me to provide the update-bootloader.zip file before upgrading or it will brick your device. You can however flash the utility to test it out as it only affect recovery mode which can be reflash.

stay tune till I have have my development machine at hand and I can provide you will the necessary files and steps to do it.

Last edited: